Community Outreach Assistant II (Casa Grande, AZ)
Posting Number: req9950
Department: Pinal County Office
Location: County Extensions and Farms
Address: Casa Grande, AZ USA
The successful candidate will conduct outreach activities, events, and will work as part of a team to plan and implement hearing, vision, and developmental screening outreach events and screenings. This involves coordinating with multiple community partners. The successful candidate will be required to attend trainings to become certified to use required screening equipment. The successful candidate should be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interviews parents and children (with consent), age zero to five, to obtain health history, weight, height, conduct vision and hearing screenings, and keep client records up-to-date; make referrals to medical home and follow up
- Inventories and requisitions supplies; maintains clean and hygienic equipment and environment
- Prepares screening room/sites, ensuring that all equipment and supplies are present
- Provide parent education related to hearing, vision, and developmental screenings for young children; answer telephone, providing routine information to callers
- Schedules appointments, activities/events for outreach to potential clients
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in early childhood vocational or technical training
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 20
Job FTE: .50
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Outreach and Community Engagement
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $15.23
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Outreach & Community Engage
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Program Coordinator, Sr.
520 836-5221, 211
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.