Facilities Management & Services Worker II (Prescott Valley, AZ) (Part Time) (Temporary)
Posting Number: req9983
Department: Agric Extension Administration
Location: Outside of Tucson
Address: 5200 South Forest Service Road 105, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314 USA
Position HighlightsThis is a part-time flexible position at The James 4-H Camp & Outdoor Learning Center (James 4-H Camp). James 4-H Camp is a youth outdoor educational facility for 4-H and non-4-H youth. The successful candidate facility hosts groups and prepares for the Summer Camp season. The primary responsibility for this position is to provide support for the facility maintenance of equipment and facilities during Specific programs or projects. These projects will be scheduled in advance around the successful employee's schedule.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the facility maintenance efforts of the James 4-H Camp facility, to include facility upkeep, maintenance, and installation of plumbing, electrical, mechanical systems.
- Ensures that the James 4-H Camp's physical spaces and resources serve and inspire those who learn, work, and visit.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, renovates, and manages upkeep of the buildings and grounds, facilities, and equipment.
- Maintains the cleanliness, sanitation, health, and appearance of the working, living, and recreational environments.
- Ensures proper waste management by developing and administering processes and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 19.6
Job FTE: 0.49
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: $20.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Facilities Mgmt & Services
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Expected End Date: 7/30/2022
Contact Information for Candidates
Jennifer Gardner Smith
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.