IT Services Coordinator
Posting Number: req9964
Department: Eller Information Technology
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1130 E Helen St, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
The Eller Information Technology team seeks to fill a position for an IT Support Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for the assignment and record keeping of Eller infrastructure and equipment within our database. This Specialist will serve as a single point of contact for the departments when they are ready to make new technology purchases, providing support to all Eller departments.
Eller College of Management is a well-regarded business school with highly ranked programs. We celebrate the diversity of our students and are working to increase diversity among our faculty and staff. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We believe diversity enriches us all, expands our understanding, and allows us to create better solutions.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Database de-duplication
* Successfully implement techniques to improve storage utilization
- Recommend system modifications
* Recommend improvements in procedures
- Provide first-tier support to end users for PC, applications, hardware and network issues
- Maintain equipment refresh schedule
* Perform inventory audit
* Track and manage usage
- Maintain software licensing agreements
* Maintain records, monitor end dates and renewal deadlines
* Work with vendors to renew licenses in a timely manner
- Support Eller departments with purchases, licenses and contracts
* Maintain records and ensure prompt delivery and installation
- Serve as point-of-contact for new technology purchases
* Reviews work orders and submits orders to appropriate service vendor or agency
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to communicate with a wide customer base, vendors and management.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of IT industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- Knowledge of computer networks and troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish rapport and to establish cooperative working relationships with staff, faculty, and administrators
- Bachelor's degree and one (1) year of relevant work experience required.
- Or, any equivalent combination of experience training, and/or education.
- Experience with generating database reports and verifying and correcting data.
- Experience in a customer service environment with an emphasis in resolving computer and other technology problems.
- Experience providing PC hardware troubleshooting and replacement.
- Experience in customer service, technical problem solving and collaboration.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.00
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.30 - $22.20
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Director, Eller Information Technology
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.