Texas A&M International University
Extension and Outreach
Texas A&M International University
Outreach and PreCollege Programs
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Program Manager, under direction, plans, organizes, directs and manages day-to-day activities, developing and implementing procedures for the administration of the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, directs and manages day-to-day activities, developing and implementing procedures for the administration of the program.
- Assists in developing strategic plans and goals to support the program.
- Assists with the development and production of materials designed for the program.
- Develops and conduct programs including leadership training, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Supervises program support staff and student assistants.
- Assists with yearly budgetary and contract processes. Prepares vouchers, purchase orders and requisition and coordinate with accounting personnel and other support staff.
- Researches, develops and writes white papers, grant applications and prepares presentations. Maintains and develops communications between partners by attending meetings and conference calls.
- Responsible for Project Males Initiative at the University.
- Serve as liaison for Project Males for the Texas Education Consortium for Male Students.
- Promote leadership, brotherhood, college and career readiness, health and well ness, and identity for males the University.
- Education - Bachelor's degree in (education, psychology, sociology, business, marketing, communication, or political science)
- Experience - Five years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Education - Master's degree in (counseling, education, psychology, sociology, business, marketing, communication, or political science)
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Present information clearly and concisely.
- Work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
Physical Requirements - None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision of Others
This position generally does not supervise employees.
- Work beyond normal office hours and/or work on weekends.
- Travel on occasion for Project MALES meetings/conferences.
First review of applicants: May 20, 2022
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: During the application process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested information, upload documents and Submit the application. You will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once you "Submit" the application materials. The software does not allow you to "Save" your application and return to complete the process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files.
Be sure to include:
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 references and their full contact information, and
- Unofficial transcripts (if applicable)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMIU_External/job/Laredo-TAMIU/Program-Manager_R-049695