Research Scholar - Department of Neuroradiology
West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for a Ressearch Scholar in the Department of Neuroradiology
About the Opportunity
This position will have or develop an understanding of the FDA Regulations and guidelines for good clinical practice, regulatory compliance and quality assurance, and safety reporting requirements for clinical research.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
* 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
* 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
* 18 sick days per year
(for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
* WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
* 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
* Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Hold accountability for test articles
- Maintain multiple departmental databases which will require EPIC chart review and data entry
- Provide statistical analysis of the data from departmental databases
- Utilize data for manuscript preparation as well as preparing other manuscripts as directed
- Prepare and submit IRB protocols and consent for new study projects
- Become knowledgeable of all current study projects being conducted in the department, completing the required assessment training and study visits
- Assist the department chairman in research data acquisition.
- Bachelor's Degree (MD, PhD or DO preferred)
- One (1) year of research experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office - Excel
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- EPIC and PACS training
- CITI training
* At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.