Clinical Research Coordinator II (Temporary)(Full Time/Part Time)
Posting Number: req9915
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1656 E. Mabel St. , Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Research Coordinator II will be responsible for recruiting potential research subjects and collecting samples and information for our human subject research focused on aging and immunity. The primary duties of this position will include patient recruitment, visit coordination, patient consent, data and specimen collection, data analysis and data entry. Travel to various sites around Tucson will be required on a regular basis to complete these tasks.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruit volunteers for our clinical research studies via flier advertisement, off site visits, physician's referral and other activities.
- Obtain informed consent from volunteers with the ability to thoroughly explain our projects to a diverse audience.
- Schedule visits and collect data from volunteers/research participants via phone.
- Travel to various sites around Tucson to collect specimens and data.
- Enter participants' demographics, health information and test results into databases.
- Maintain sample inventories.
- Collect biological samples, perform frailty testing, and complete questionnaires with research participants.
- Maintain a working knowledge of, and ensure compliance with HIPAA guidelines, IRB protocols, University of Arizona regulations and study specific procedures.
- Perform laboratory and various other duties or projects, as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
FLSA: To Be Determined
Full Time/Part Time: To be Determined
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 20-40
Job FTE: .50-1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: To be Determined
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Expected End Date: 12/26/2022
Contact Information for Candidates
Makiko Wantanabe | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.