Coordinator, Career Development
Posting Number: req9918
Department: CALS Career & Acad Svcs
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The University of Arizona's College of Agriculture & Life Sciences (CALS) seeks a student-focused, data-fluent professional to join the Pasquinelli Career Center in the role of Career Development Coordinator.
Guided by an entrepreneurial mindset, the goal of the Pasquinelli Career Center is to prepare students to recognize and act on opportunities for innovation and value creation in any professional setting. In addition to offering traditional career support services - resume/CV/cover letter reviews, internship and job search strategies, interview preparation, employer networking opportunities - the Pasquinelli Career Center partners with college faculty and academic advisors to support student development of six career competencies: strategic communication, critical thinking, data-informed decision making, intercultural fluency, leadership, and agency.
The Coordinator is an integral team member who delivers traditional career support services through individual meetings and/or group workshops with undergraduate and graduate students while also supporting and assessing student progress in the career competencies. The Coordinator is responsible for providing sound career advising support to assist students in planning a career while also staying knowledgeable of current employment, economic and industry trends in support of career goal attainment.
Reporting to the Director for Undergraduate Strategic Initiatives, the Coordinator will collaborate and work closely with the following units in CALS: Academic Advising & Student Services, Student Experience, college-wide faculty and academic advisors, and the Data Solutions Team. The position is meant for an individual who takes initiative as part of a team, is a committed to their own professional growth, has a desire for frequent and positive professional interactions with students.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Career Development Support
- Provide comprehensive career planning services to students using effective communication techniques with various modes of technology, to encourage and guide students to define and develop realistic goals
- Engage students in career planning assessments and developing a career development plans
- Design and implement career preparation activities, resources, and career events for students involving the job search such as resume writing, interviewing, professional dress, etc
- Deliver presentations on career areas and interests for CALS students and faculty/advisors
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of student meetings and contacts
- Partner with UA Student Engagement and Career Development to remain current on University initiatives and opportunities related to student career development
- Co-advise Dean's Entrepreneurial Leadership Council
In collaboration with the CALS Data Solutions Team:
- Design and conduct evaluations of Career Center programs
- Develop annual survey to assess student confidence with competencies/transferrable skill development
- Analyze and publish summary reports of student employment data and statistics to ensure success of placement efforts
- Partner with UA Student Engagement & Career Development and CALS units to evaluate and refine instances of the UA Graduating Senior Survey
- Partner with CALS Graduate programs and UA Graduate College to evaluate and refine CALS instance of the Graduate College Exit Survey
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Evidence of flexibility, willingness for learning new skills and technology.
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with data management, surveys and survey design
- Ability to work independently and proactively but also as a team player depending on the situation.
- Be able to demonstrate compassion and empathy for the student academic and social experience and their connectedness to the college and the university.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three years related experience
- Master's Degree
- Professional experience in a related field (agriculture, life sciences, environmental science, etc) is highly desirable
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.00
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.