Research Technician II
Posting Number: req9768
Department: Children's Research Center
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsThe Research Technician II will work in the research laboratory of Dr. Mohamed Ahmed. Bench research functions will be performed under minimal supervision. Experiments involve small and large animals. Involved in many molecular testing and histopathological studies.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct experiments following established protocols, operate standard and specialized laboratory equipment, assist in the development and implementation of general approaches, protocols, and interpretation of results. Set up experiments and tests. Maintain lab equipment. Order lab supplies and maintain inventory.
- Maintain and genotype a relevant colony of genetically modified mice, and assist in experiments using in vivo animal models.
- Collect, organize and compile data; may generate statistical data for analytical purposes using statistical software packages, maintain detailed records of studies conducted including findings and procedures used.
- Purify DNA/RNA, perform and understand basic molecular biology techniques including, protein, DNA and RNA extraction, Western blot, PCR, RT-PCR; tissue Culture and immunostaining.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learningattained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
*Experience with animal handling. *Relevant prior laboratory work experience (employment in a biomedical research lab).
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $13.55 - $18.33
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Research & Lab
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Mohamed Ahmed, MD, PhD | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.