Communications and Marketing Manager
The Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications and marketing plan for Housing Services and Student Affairs Facilities and Operations units, supporting 10,250+ residents, approximately 18,000 dining plan holders, 47+ residence halls and multiple dining centers, housekeeping, maintenance, project management, and a new 24/7 service desk under development. This position will also work with the larger Dining and Housing communications team.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Communications and Marketing, Dining and Housing Operations, this position will provide creation and management of marketing and communications, including but not limited to: social media, websites, data analysis and visualization, photography/videography, graphic design and production-ready art, presentation development, advertisements, logo development, display materials, collateral pieces, press release drafting, and a wide range of other marketing and communications efforts.
The Communications and Marketing Manager may manage and supervise a student intern team to maintain project schedule, ensuring high quality work, and timely delivery of services. This position will develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with members of the Hokie Wellness/Residential Well-Being and Living-Learning Programs teams, and within the Division of Student Affairs. The position will serve on committees and work teams as needed or desired.
Specifically, this person will:
- Develop and update website content for Housing Services and Facilities and Operations regularly
- Coordinate with Residential Well-being and Living Learning Programs areas where overlap occurs
- Develop print and electronic marketing materials
- Create regular newsletter(s) for Housing Services and Facilities and Operations staff and residents
- Develop student-driven content for incoming students and families
- Produce content for social media accounts that encourage engagement among new and prospective students
- Hire, train, manage, and evaluate student interns
- Prioritize projects and tasks based on workflow and current deadlines and assign projects to interns accordingly
- Network effectively and establish relationships and partnerships that benefit the department and advance the programs
- Manage a marketing and communications budget
- Bachelor's level degree and/or equivalent experience in marketing, graphic design, or related field
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as highly developed presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team on multiple tasks and projects
- Experience with Microsoft Suite
- Web publishing and social media experience and knowledge, including current navigation and information delivery conventions and trends
- Experience in publication activities, such as: writing, editing, designing, and preparing materials for special events, calendars, brochures, fliers, and press releases
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to use them in a team setting
- Commitment to promoting inclusion and diversity
- Strong writing and digital marketing skills
- Considerable experience in a marketing and communication role
- Professional experience in communications, marketing, print journalism, media relations or other forms of communication
- Demonstrated experience managing professional social media accounts
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and data-driven decision-making
- Experience in creating and editing digital video
- Demonstrated knowledge of current media trends, printing processes, and techniques
- Demonstrated graphic design experience, knowledge and skills to include the use of marketing design software (e.g. Adobe creative suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, and Macintosh Operating systems [MacOS])
Salary $43,000 - $45,000/year and commensurate with experience
May 23, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sarah Schuster at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
About Student Affairs:
Student Affairs at Virginia Tech fosters a community where each student creates a customized experience to meet their goals. Building on our motto ofUtProsim(that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to serving inthe spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice ourPrinciples of Community, which are fundamental to our ongoing efforts to increase access and inclusion and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth. We are actively seeking people to join our community and help us prepare leaders for the world. Our people in Student Affairs are committed to student well-being and assuring that all studentsExperience VTby demonstrating, supporting, and operationalizing ourAspirations for Student Learning. If you are someone dedicated to ensuring student success, then we want you to consider being a part of our team!