Job Title: Systems Analyst
Classification: Technical Services – IT Banner Support
Work Schedule: FT, 40 hours week, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Salary Range: $16.56 to $26.79
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
The Systems Analyst works with the User Community to identify, implement and maintain functionality, support efficient operation, and ensure effective use of Banner and related enterprise systems. The systems analyst also troubleshoots and resolves problems with new and existing functionality. Gathers information, analyzes, and documents business process requirements to support best practices. This position also supports several ancillary applications including application updates and enhancements. The systems analyst stays current with product roadmaps keeping the applications on current releases. Reports to the Assistant Director of Enterprise Applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes requirements and develops additional systems functionality by performing the following duties:
- Interacts with end users for problem resolution.
- Consults with users to gather information about current functionality and unmet needs.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow and logical processes.
- Writes and maintains technical documentation for new processes as assigned.
- Evaluates current software platforms in conjunction with the system administrator.
- Keeps current with updates to the Banner system modules
- Customizes and codes screen layouts, printed outputs and graphical user interfaces.
- Provides front-line functional and technical support to staff and faculty relative to Banner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in computer or related field or one year related work experience.
- Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance Fingerprinting)
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query languages.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to work independently, in an open, team-oriented environment and be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with diverse populations while providing a high level of customer service.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills along with excellent troubleshooting/analytical skills.
- Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge.
- Related work experience in higher education.
- Knowledge of print queues and Window.
- Banner experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish)