Outreach Instructional Specialist I, Public Health
Posting Number: req9922
Department: Rural Health Office
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1295 N Martin Ave. Drachman Hall A, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Outreach Instructional Specialist I is a unique position which supports the development, implementation, and management of the Youth Champions Program under the CDC/ADHS COVID-19 Health Disparities Program funding in the Arizona Center for Rural Health (AzCRH) This position will collaborate with the AHEAD Program Manager to develop training material and workshops and support the implementation of the Champions program.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Plan, develop, coordinate, and implement champions programs to build resilience among youth and community across Arizona through:
* Design an engaging, salient, and effective youth champions programs for rural AZ communities.
* Develop training and workshops focused on issues such as addressing misinformation, community resilience, public health leadership, etc.
* Research existing standards and best practices for youth engagement and assess educational needs and interests in this audience
* Deliver content, programs, materials, and technology solutions, as needed, to support program objectives.
Develop outreach materials aimed a youth living in rural communities including:
* Contribute to AHEAD website, reports, and manuscripts
* Develop outreach materials, success stories for website and monthly newsletter.
* Develop and manage resilience and COVID resource database for community champions and program participants.
* Support program manager in developing surveys, questionnaires, and evaluation tools using platforms such as Qualtrics and REDCap.
* Prepare presentations relating to program activities and projects.
Coordinates the daily operations of the youth champions program including:
* Conduct early academic outreach and recruitment of youth from low-income, underrepresented, and rural communities into the program.
* Meet with schools and other community partners to promote program
* Troubleshoot and oversee youth champions projects.
education programs in the community.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
*Master's degree in Public Health or related field. *RedCap and Qualtrics experience. *Experience with evaluation.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Outreach and Community Engagement
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $21.63
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Outreach & Community Engage
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Mona Arora, Assistant Research Professor | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.