Health Education and Promotion Professional II
Posting Number: req9940
Department: Pima County Office
Location: County Extensions and Farms
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
This 4-H Program Coordinator position will be part of a dynamic team of professionals developing and delivering STEM education and community outreach programs at the 4-H Healthy Living Center and Tucson Village Farm at Pima County Cooperative Extension. The person in this position must be able to work independently and under guidance from the county agent to communicate with partners, oversee administrative aspects of youth development events and camps, and provide logistical oversight to enable successful fundraising in support of 4-H youth activities and programming. The individual needs to have excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills, be a self-starter, have a thorough knowledge of event organization and experience in a collaborative team setting.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Tucson Village Farm partner communication and program outreach
- Initiate and follow through on communication with teachers and school administrators to schedule STEM-education school field trips for both the 4-Healthy Living Center (ages 8-18) and the Little Farm (ages 2-7).
- Communicate with the public, community groups, partners, the TVF Advisory Board, and others to schedule events and tours.
- Manage the graphic designer to develop dynamic year-end appeals, campaign brochures, letters, reports, and other materials necessary for 4-H camps and youth events.
- Coordinate and schedule health and skill-building activities to increase program reach and grow collaborations with youth-serving organizations.
4-H Activity Coordination and Facility Oversight
- Facilitate and track registration and payments for camps and educational events using Event Bright and Constant Contact among other utilities.
- Track and facilitate all cost-recovery aspects of program elements.
- Ensure permitting, materials purchasing, and other administrative aspects are coordinated so that TVF can increase 4-H youth development.
- With guidance from the agent, develop and implement a staff tracking system to ensure staff is scheduled appropriately for all program elements.
- Work in partnership with TVF staff leader for the Healthy Living Ambassador 4-H club to facilitate smooth execution of youth events and youth-led community events.
- Work with TVF staff and the agent to produce participant lists, fliers, handouts, and
other materials necessary for 4-H camps and youth events.
- Under guidance from the agent, provide oversight for facility improvements and building.
- In collaboration with the agent and the Sr. Program Coordinator, administer grants and contracts to increase youth development services at the 4-H Healthy Living Center and Tucson Village Farm.
- Complete deliverables reports for grants and programs to inform program development and PCCE accountability efforts.
- Under guidance from the Agent, plan and facilitate philanthropic giving and fundraising events to support 4-H youth development programs.
- Lead tours for potential philanthropic givers, corporate partners, and university administrators to increase engagement and support in 4-H youth development programming and activities.
degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level
of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Outreach and Community Engagement
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $50,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Cmty & Health Systems
Outreach & Community Engage
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.