Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Computer Science
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Computer Science
Conduct research in the area of algebraic complexity under the supervision of Prof. Ilya Volkovich.
Degree Requirement: Ph.D. or equivalent doctorate (e.g., Sc.D., M.D.) in an appropriate field, specifically Theoretical Computer Science
This position if under Professor Ilya Volkovich. The candidate will be working in the area of algebraic complexity to design efficient algorithms for algebraic problems."
* Develops, designs, and conducts one or more research projects or experiments; reviews progress and evaluates results.
* Formulates research methods and suggests options for improving quality; identifies potential problems, recommends and implements solutions, and collaborates in the development of new techniques; and works with other research staff, including Senior Research Associates.
* In a lab environment, trains users in equipment operation and laboratory techniques; explains and demonstrates technology and equipment capabilities, operations, limitations, and outcomes.
* In a non-lab environment, develops protocols and criteria (e.g., determines interview procedures, including the development of interview schedules and questionnaires, online data collection, test development, and development of measures) and approves protocols, as appropriate.
* Participates in data collection and screening and verifies accuracy of the data.
* Participates in analysis of data; interprets and implements research methodology based on outcomes of analysis.
* Oversees the day to day operations of the project; may supervise other research personnel and manage a budget.
* May author/co-author publications and may present/co-present results at meetings or conferences.
* Keeps supervisor and other project members apprised of research developments and any complications with project timelines, research activities, etc.
* Maintains compliance records.
* May apply for research grants and serve as P.I., with necessary approvals.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of post-Master's and/or Ph.D. research experience
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found onhttps://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed athttps://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.