Database Specialist (Remote/Part-time) - Department of Pediatrics
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Database Specialist (Remote/Part-time) for the Department of Pediatrics
About the Opportunity
Provide technical support to Project WATCH, a legislated statewide newborn risk identification and referral initiative funded by the West Virginia Bureau for Public Health, Office of Maternal, Child, and Family Health.The Database Specialist will work approximately 10 hours per week during the period of the July 1, 2022-June 30, 2023.
What you'll do:
- Review imported data from WV birth facilities daily- resolving errors and making corrections to ensure the data is received and processed for referrals in a timely manner.
- Maintain contact with Local Data Solutions as it relates to system integrity and security of the data system as needed. Additionally, maintain contact with the appropriate data system personnel in the Office of Maternal, Child, and Family Health (OMCFH) at WV DHHR to identify program data issues and to plan and implement data related initiatives.
- Collaborate with Local Data Solutions to maintain data structure and content of the Birth Score Program data system including, but not limited to, field definitions, field assignments, updates, changes, error detection, and overall quality assurance.
- Monitor data importing/exporting protocols and procedures appropriate to the goals of the Birth Score Program.
- Identify and determine causes of data importing errors and develop, recommend and implement improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field with a strong background in data entry, computer programming, and database development.
- Knowledge of relational database theory and design extremely important. Equivalent education and experience is also acceptable.
- Two (2) years of experience:
- Computer skills/Keyboards/Typing
- Computer Programming
- Database Management/Implementation
- Relational database theory and design
About Research Corporation
Why WVU Research Corporation?
The WVU Research Corporation (WVURC) was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for startup companies based on University research.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: May 5, 2022
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: No