System Administrator (Remote)
National Louis University
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, interconnection and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems and, related procedures adhere to organization values, enabling faculty and staff to succeed.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications per project or operational needs. * Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Train technicians on the proper use of hardware and software.
- Maintain up to date documentation of environment.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience with Vmware, Cisco, EMC, Networking, Windows 2012, Windows 2016.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience with Power Shell Scripting.
- Background in working with SharePoint 2016 and Exchange 2016.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment including relationship building with internal partners.
- Robust project management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology field preferred (or equivalent related experience)
- Ability to move or lift boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Constant computer work/data entry.
- Long periods of sitting.
- May require occasional evening and weekend hours. Travel required, as needed, between campuses campus, up to 80% of the time.