Assistant Director, Ticket Operations
Posting Number: req9938
Department: Administration and Athletics
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The University of Arizona seeks an Assistant Director, Ticket Operations. This position will report directly to the Director of Ticket Operations.
The University's strength in undergraduate education and scientific research is paralleled by its excellence on the playing fields, courts, and other venues of its 21-sport Intercollegiate Athletic Program. The Arizona Wildcats compete in the tradition-rich Pacific-12 Conference, "The Conference of Champions." For a more comprehensive view of what makes working in our department unique, please visit the websites at: www.arizonawildcats.com.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, administer,
and implement ticketing operations for assigned sport teams: Acts as
liaison with coaches, director of operations, student-athletes, Event
Management, Facilities, and Marketing for each sport, as necessary.
- Responds to customer
inquiries and problems via email, window, day of game, or phone. Provide
support in all operational aspects for post season games both at home and
- Responsible for the
set-up of auxiliary box offices. Works with Event Management to ensure
security needs are met for the event. Manages player guest
admissions, media pass list, recruit admissions, will call admissions, and
game-day ticket sales. Responds to customer service issues and ensures
secure transportation of monies to and from theAthleticTicket
Office. Maintains accurate records for attendance
calculations. Analyzes and implements new or revised standard
operating procedures for game day ticket operations for assigned sports.
- Oversees and
supervise all ticket sales and customer service issues at ticket office
windows and on site atathleticevents.
- Ensure excellent customer service is being maintained daily by student
workers via the phone, window, and email.
- Balances and reconciles ticket
sales made at the windows and on site at events.
- Print all tickets for
assigned sports. This includes, but is not limited to mobile, Thermal
tickets, as well as season tickets and parking.
- Lead all renewal efforts/upgrade
efforts for assigned sports, to increase renewal rates year after year.
to the outbound marketing efforts which include calling current customers
to retain their season tickets and selling additional single game tickets
through promotions and other special events.
duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated strong organizational and administrative skills
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to work and interact with staff, faculty, and student-athletes
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Skill in the use of personal computer/software (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of position related NCAA, Pac-12, and University of Arizona rules and regulations
years of experience
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as necessary
- Master's Degree
- Experience with Paciolan or a similar Ticketing System Software
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40 + nights and weekends
Job FTE: 1.00
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Athletics
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $40,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Events Mgmt, Athletics
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Please submit Resume, Cover Letter, and the answers to the following questions as the Additional Document. Thank You.
1. Describe your knowledge of NCAA and Pac-12 Conference rules and regulations relating to academics, satisfactory progress, and eligibility.
2. Please list below any experience you have had since 2015 with high school or college student-athletes. This includes working or volunteering in any capacity with a high school, AAU, sports club, junior college or 4-year institution student-athlete, athletics team or department.
3. Applicants for this position are subject to the following NCAA Bylaws 11.4.2, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 11.4.3, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 11.4.4, 18.104.22.168, and 22.214.171.124. You may be asked about these Bylaws in an interview, and you may be asked to sign a future affirmation confirming the same prior to or upon your employment by The University of Arizona, if you are selected for employment. Do you understand that by submitting your application for employment you are affirming that you have read these Bylaws, and that such Bylaws would not preclude your employment by The University of Arizona?
4. Are you the parent, coach, relative or guardian of a prospective student-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade or 7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college student) in the sport of men's basketball, women's basketball or football or have any other type of association with any prospective student-athlete in the sports of men's basketball, women's basketball or football? If yes, please explain.
5. Is your potential employment within the athletic department conditioned upon the enrollment of any prospective student-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade, 7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sport of men's basketball, women's basketball or football? If Yes, please explain.
6. Do you understand that failure to disclose any information related to your affiliation with a prospective student-athlete (student in 9-12 grade, 7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sports of football, men's basketball or women's basketball might render your application ineligible for consideration?
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please submit Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional Document with Application.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.