Research Technician I - WEST Center (Multiple Positions) (Updated)
Posting Number: req9898
Department: Environmental Science-Res
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsNote: This posting has been updated to 2 positions.
WEST Center facilitates innovative research and technology development to ensure sustainable water supplies that protects and promotes environmental and human health. Critical to WEST's success is the partnership between the University of Arizona, the private sector, utilities, and the community at large.
Features of the WEST Center:
- State-of-the-art facility for new water and energy technology evaluation
Provides world class expertise in:
- Environmental microbiology & environmental engineering
- Technology development for reduced energy use in water treatment
- In line real-time sensors for water treatment technologies
- A leading center in emerging chemical and microbial contaminants
- Community monitoring of infectious agents for pandemic prevention and prediction
Salary range for Research Technician I can be found at https://hr.arizona.edu/supervisors/compensation
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collects wastewater samples from student dorms for subsequent analysis for COVID-19
- Assists with sample preparation of wastewater
- Assist with nucleic acid extraction prior to PCR analysis
- Maintain detailed records on the results of the tests/experiments conducted.
- Assist with data analysis and project reporting
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience (GED) required
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- One or more year's of lab experience
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Research & Lab
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.