Director, Student-Athlete Development
Kennesaw State University
Athletics and Coaching
Job ID: 242000
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Promotes student-athlete ownership of academic, athletic, career and personal and community responsibilities through dynamic programming and initiatives. Oversees the Flight Plan Student-Athlete development program and helps student-athletes navigate and maximize the intercollegiate experience while aiding in the post-graduation transition process.
1. Coordinates FlightPlan programming, collaborates with campus departments such as Career Planning and Development, Counseling Center, Student Development, and other campus partners to offer dynamic programming for student-athletes
2. In coordination with Career Planning and Development, assists student-athletes with career planning, internships, and job search strategies
3. Assists with coordinating student-athlete Flight Nights and scheduling guest speakers
4. Creates an annual report on FlightPlan activities demonstrating participation
5. Develops new programming such as Financial Literacy, Mental Well-being, Nutrition, etc. that fit within the boundaries of the FlightPlan.
6. Responsible for assisting with special events such as Top Flight Owls night and graduation luncheon
7. Works closely with SASS staff to identify student-athletes for fellowships, scholarships, and awards such as those offered by the NCAA
8. Monitors and encourages attendance at events and programs
9. Institutes NCAA Lifeskills programming and training such as sexual violence prevention and diversity and inclusion education to support total development of student-athletes
10. Meets with prospective student-athletes and their families during official and unofficial visits
11. Coordinates and executes networking and mentoring initiatives among current student-athletes and alumni while maintaining an up to date alumni database
12. Oversees and facilitates the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)
13. Collaborates with Division of Student Affairs to support university initiatives that help studentathletes adjust to campus life and integrate with student body
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Two (2) years of experience in the student-athlete development field
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Demonstrated high level of administrative skill, competence, analysis and knowledge of organization procedures and policies
Marketing, digital media and content creation and data analytic skills
Experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to coordinate multiple complex systems
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=242000&PostingSeq=1