Residential Facilities Coordinator
Kennesaw State University
Residence Life and Housing
Job ID: 242928
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Serves as first point of contact for customers seeking support and information from Housing Facilities. Provides operational and logistical support to the department by coordinating work orders, registering long-term contractor access, database management, daily office operations, and coordination of appropriate ePro requests including quotes, and invoices.
1. Reviews, assesses and prioritizes work orders to ensure timely completion and enters into system
2. Enters, assign sand closes all work orders related to preventive maintenance and yearly turn activities
3. Responsible for coordinating and monitoring the punch, paint and clean process to ensure that residence hall units are ready prior to move-in dates
4. Reviews and collaborates with Occupancy Management for anticipated move-ins to ensure that residence hall units are clean, repaired and are in exemplary condition prior to the student moves
5. Enters, assigns and resolves all bulk work orders related to preventive maintenance and yearly turn activities
6. Assists in requesting and submitting proposals from outside vendors for maintaining proper operation of buildings
7. Researches, submits and follows up on purchase order requests to maintain timely resolution of work orders, ordering of inventory and replacement of equipment and furniture as needed
8. Reviews invoices for accuracy and proper coding prior to submission for processing and payment
9. Coordinates and monitors vendor's performance of building related services
10. Requests building access permissions, documents and maintains training activities and adherence to departmental policies and procedures for all new personnel
11. Assists with the on-boarding of staff in regards to departmental processes, programs, policies and procedures
12. Reviews residence life health and safety reports, maintenance reports and entry of related work orders
13. Resolves customer service issues pertaining to the department and communicates updates to residents
14. Provides support, direction and information to vendors, staff and service providers as directed by leadership
15. Provides administrative support for the department and leadership, maintains files, policies and procedures and assists in overseeing student assistants assigned to the department
16. Provides leadership with reports per established guidelines and as requested
17. Attends meetings and maintains minutes as assigned
Associate's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Three (3) years related experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Familiar with request for proposals (RFPs), request for quotes (RFQs)
Familiar with ePro, StarRez, ChangeGear or similar software packages
Pay Grade: Non-exempt 14
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
- 9 Panel Lab Drug Test
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=242928&PostingSeq=1