Manager or Director of Institutional Research and Assessment
Position: Manager or Director of Institutional Research and Assessment
Supervisor: The President
Description: The Manager or Director of Institutional Research and Assessment has the overall responsibility to lead and manage quality assurance activities, initiatives, services, policies, systems and programs, institutional planning, institutional research, institutional assessment, and accreditation work and to ensure a culture of continuous quality improvement at the university. This position works closely with the university community in leading Institutional Planning efforts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist with developing the Strategic and Annual Workplans and the processes needed to implement and monitor the success of finalized plans.
- Ensuring national and U.S. accreditation requirements are met and adhered to through monitoring and evaluation of standards.
- Finalizing and editing accreditation documents and the articulation of these to accreditation bodies.
- Maintaining the quality assurance manual and appropriate policies and procedures.
- Gathering data, producing reports, and liaising with internal and external parties and stakeholders on quality assurance issues.
- Obtaining internal and external input on the quality of the university’s instruction, management, governance, programs and courses, facilities, and other aspects of the student and employee experience.
- Coordinating program review processes in cooperation with the Vice President for Academic and Students Affairs.
- Assisting the university in the following:
- Availing of opportunities to enhance the student experience,
- Positioning itself to meet the requirements of Cambodian and other accreditation agencies,
- Building and maintaining a network of external parties (people and institutions) can assist the university in its mission and the delivery of its programs, courses, and other academic and non-academic curricula, including developing membership of the Program Advisory Committees.
- Developing systems that enhance the quality assurance elements of its mission.
- Educating faculty and staff in quality assurance processes, procedures, and data collection activities; and
- Keep abreast of accreditation and quality assurance in higher education in Cambodia and United States Standards.
- Master's degree in Assessment, Educational Research, or related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in leading educational assessment activities
- Experience in leading large collaborative projects in a college environment
- Demonstrated ability to engage personnel throughout the college in a collaborative manner; excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work with administrators, faculty, staff, and students to fulfill their needs for assessment.
- Applied and advanced knowledge of research and assessment methodology, curriculum development, and assessment design.
- Strong presentation skills to effectively communicate assessment plans and results with a wide range of audiences.
Demonstrated ability to make independent and collaborative decisions
- Ability to use quantitative, essential research software and Microsoft Office products
Demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity
- Experience as a faculty member
- Familiarity with US or similar accreditation processes