Research Aide (MT) - Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute
West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for a Temporary Research Aide with the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute
About the Opportunity
This temporary position is responsible for gathering data for purpose of research initiative, assisting with literature searches, and performing analysis of research data and summarized information.
Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute is the premier multidisciplinary institute for patient care, research, and teaching in West Virginia and the region. We celebrated the opening of our new Innovation Center on May 15, 2019. The RNI's flagship facilities are located on the Health Sciences campus in Morgantown. Find out more about our outstanding work and contributions today at: https://wvumedicine.org/rni/rni-homepage/newsroom/
What you'll do:
- Assist with screening, selecting, and scheduling subjects.
- Assist with running experiments.
- Test equipment and resolve basic problems within guidelines.
- Operate experimental equipment (e.g. video recorder, galvanometer).
- Administer an evaluative instrument.
- Assist with collecting, coding/plotting and analyzing data.
- Organize, analyze and communicate data.
- Read and summarize related literature.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings.
Length of Assignment: Approximately 5 months
Pay Grade: 10
- Associate's degree OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Gathering and formatting data.
- Assist in research projects.
- Detail oriented.
- Operate a computer and other research equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
* At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
Job Posting: May 5, 2022
Posting Classification: Temporary
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: No