Research Technology Compliance Analyst - Research Office (Remote)
West Virginia University Research Office is currentlyaccepting applications for a Research Technology Compliance Analyst.
As a Research Technology Compliance Analyst, you willsupportthe Research Office and the research community by providing subject matter expertise and consultation services regarding the compliant use of technology products and solutions in research. Working with functional experts in the Research Office develops standards for the research community related to technology products. Develops and updates content for Research Office websites and other communication software.
- This position allows for flexibility in work location, including potential hybrid or remote work / work from home options. Travel to the WVU Campus may need to occur based on organizational needs throughout the year.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year (for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Supports the Research Office in process improvement initiatives and automation standards.
- Assists the Research Office with outreach efforts related to the use of approved technology products.
- Under the direction of the Research Office, develops materials for electronic informed consent for research studies and assists with maintaining standards for the electronic informed consent (eIC)program at WVU.
- Under the direction of the Research Office, develops standards and guidance for technology used in the conduct of research (survey software, participant payment software, data sharing, and transfer)
- Assists the Research Office in consultation with researchers regarding the use of the approved technology products for complex research projects.
- Under the direction of the Research Office, develops and updates content and materials for websites, Microsoft SharePoint, and Teams sites.
- Reviews requests related to Data Protection, eIC, and other technology-related requests and ensures appropriate routing and timely closure.
- Maintains a working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations and institutional policies and procedures related to research and information security.
- Consults with IT departments to resolve issues and ensure compliance related to the research technology products and data protection requests.
- Interfaces with the research community to answer basic questions regarding the approved technology products for research.
- Interfaces with the Research Office management and staff regarding issues and questions related to the technology used for research and website content.
- Supports Research Office initiatives by documenting meeting actions and notes and develops status reports.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Bachelor's degree is required in related field.
- Master's Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) yearsexperience in the following:
- Experience in human subjects research - Exposure working in a department or with a research team
- Experience in creating/updating web-page content
- Experience learning new software packages
- Experience in electronic informed consent - Creating templates and materials - Exposure working in a department or with a research team
- Technical proficiency in website site design and content management
- Proficiency with HTML
- Ability to learn new software programs and apply research compliance requirements
- Experience with developing electronic informed consent materials
- Experience in creating and managing SharePoint sites
- Skilled at building and maintaining positive relationships. Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze moderate business problems and propose effective solutions.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Skilled at using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to interpret documents such as federal regulations related to research and higher education.
- Excellent writing skills for reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to schedule and effectively facilitate remote meetings with customers.
- Master's Degree is preferred.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: May 5, 2022
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes