Posting Number: req9846
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N Campbell Ave, Suite 4401, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Division Chief, Critical Care Medicine will provide strategic leadership and direction for all aspects of the Division. The Division Chief will be responsible for all planning, policy, operations, and oversight of academic, research, and clinical programs of the Division. The Division Chief, Critical Care Medicine will have actively participate in the recruitment and retention of division faculty who will have a direct reporting line. The Chief is also expected to participate in one or more Leadership Roles within the University of Arizona Department of Anesthesiology and Banner University Medical-Tucson. Qualified candidates must possess a Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Osteopathic (DO) or equivalent degree from an accredited institution and be eligible for a University of Arizona academic appointment at the Associate or Full Professor rank.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Division Chief, Critical Care Medicine is the clinical role model and leader of the department's clinical activities. The Chief works with the Dean, Department Head, Cardiovascular Service Line and other applicable service lines, as well as the B-UMG CEO to coordinate the clinical activities of the department. The Chief is responsible for maintaining appropriate standards of care appropriate to the discipline.
Provide direct patient care in the inpatient setting as a licensed and fully credentialed provider as a member of Banner-University Medical Group.
- The Division Chief, Critical Care Medicine has the responsibility to encourage and support research creativity and productivity within the department, across the College and UAHS and with the College's key partners. Provide leadership oversight and effective management of an active program of independent, extramurally funded basic, translational, or clinical research in area of research expertise/specialization.
- The Division Chief, Critical Care Medicine will collaborate with Academic Affairs and other educational offices at the College to ensure the department and his/her faculty are advancing the mission of the medical student, graduate student, and graduate medical education teaching programs. The Chief is responsible for maintaining liaison with other clinical and/or basic science departments to foster an integrated teaching environment for the College.
- The Division Chief, Critical Care Medicine is responsible for encouraging and supporting diversity among a department's constituents, creating an environment of professionalism, respect, tolerance, and acceptance and work in partnership with the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- The Division Chief, Critical Care Medicine is responsible for ensuring the fiscal accountability and sustainability of the division working with the Department of Anesthesiology business office.
- MD or DO.
- Board certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology with a sub-specialty in Critical Care Medicine.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Clinical Faculty
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Lauren Chuc | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV)
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.