Assistant Men's Basketball Coach
Seton Hill University Athletic Department has an opening for an Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach. This position will be responsible for recruiting, coaching and retaining a full roster team.
In addition, this position will:
- Assist in overseeing the budget for the equipment, travel, officials, and recruiting, as well as other approved expenses of the Men’s Basketball program.
- Follow all NCAA Division II guidelines and have a full understanding of the NCAA Division II eligibility compliances.
- Assist in maintaining and setting policies for student athletes.
- Schedule games a year in advance.
- Make travel arrangements for the team.
- Scout opposing teams, break down film, and evaluate opponents.
- Monitor academic progress of student athletes.
- Assist the head coach as deemed appropriate.
A bachelor’s degree and prior coaching experience is necessary. Excellent computer skills are necessary. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and must represent the University well. This position reports directly to the Men’s Head Basketball Coach and in his absence Executive Director for Athletic Programs.
Chartered in 1918, Seton Hill University is a leading Catholic coeducational liberal arts university founded by the Sisters of Charity and embracing students of all faiths. Located in southwestern Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands (yet only 35 miles from Pittsburgh), Seton Hill educates its more than 2000 students to “think and act critically, creatively and ethically as productive members of society committed to transforming the world
Qualified candidates should email resume and covering letter.
The position is open until filled with the Search Committee reviewing no fewer than five (5) working days from posting.