Posting Number: req9827
Department: Liver Research Institute
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Department of Medicine, Thomas D. Boyer Liver Institute and Hepatology is searching for a candidate to provide administrative support to the Director and Faculty of the Liver Institute. The position provides general administrative functions and assistance to programs, including communicating with internal and external stakeholders, composing correspondence, preparing documents and reports, scheduling meetings, and maintaining information. Organizational administration includes activities such as finance, human resources, information technology, facilities, academic/research programs, and/or student services. A high degree of professionalism, organization, discretion, initiative, collaboration, and ability to follow instructions while using good judgment is expected. Strong attention to detail is imperative, with the ability to manage and efficiently complete tasks.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages outlook calendars; schedules meetings for Division Chief and other staff members of the Institute as needed.
- Participates in meetings; handle recordings and distributing minutes to those involved.
- Composes and distributes confidential correspondence as needed for the Institute.
- Serves as main purchase card holder; prepares and submits timely documentation related to any purchases made for the Institute.
- Develops and submits position requests for approval and posting for new recruitment efforts.
- Participates in interviewing candidates for new positions.
- Handles the on-boarding of new faculty and staff.
- Manages and submits time reporting logs, maintains accurate time reporting documentation.
- Maintains documents, records, and files both physically and electronically as required.
- Participates in the ordering of office supplies.
- Handles and tracks physical inventory, space issues, key reports/requests.
- Manages the submission of invoices and check requests.
- Manages the submission of faculty reimbursements.
- Participates in the monitoring of Institute finances and making sound judgment when advising of account status.
- Coordinates and attends special events held by the institute.
- Manages IT support requests and facilities management requests.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
*5 years experience in administrative field. *Excellent computer skills including Office Suite. *Knowledge of budgets.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $20.94 - $28.33
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Cynthia Campas | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
If invited for an interview, please provide three professional references.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.