Laboratory and Research
Job SummaryLaboratory Educator (Spelman College - Atlanta, GA) Multiple positions available. Collaborate in developing and implementing laboratory components of Biology courses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach laboratory sections and maintain and equip the labs.
- Serve the students and the department by providing consistent and dedicated staffing for the teaching labs.
- Assist in registering students and assigning them to correct lab sections.
- Prepare labs for the introductory Biology course sequence and provide laboratory support for other Biology courses within the department.
- Optimize and improve experiments so that students have predictable results within the laboratory.
- Grade student assignments and maintain grade book.
- Assist DSI (tutors) with supplemental instruction for the introductory courses.
- Assist the Senior Lab Educator to maintain purchasing records, warranties, and operating instructions for lab materials.
- Participate in Biology department staff meetings.
- Advise the Biology department regarding current and best practices in laboratory equipment and methods, and their uses in improving the laboratory teaching experience.
Required QualificationsRequires a Master's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Biology, Science or a related field and 3 years of experience in the job offered or in teaching science laboratory sessions at the university level.
Must have 3 years of experience in each of the following: maintaining laboratory equipment and technology; leading group and one-on-one presentations to share scientific information; communicating with students, faculty and staff in written and verbal reports; and reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals. Experience may be gained concurrently.
Full Time/Part Time: Full-time
Posting Number: SC0409P
Posting Closing Date05/18/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to ApplicantsIn addition to on-line application, please submit resume to email@example.com. Reference JobID: 5587294.