Communications Manager, Office of Research
Kennesaw State University
Communications, Marketing, and Public Affairs
Job ID: 242975
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Provides and oversees communication for the assigned department(s) and/or college(s). Plans, creates and implements internal and external communication campaigns. Creates, edits and disseminates written communications and marketing content. Responsible for designing and developing print and digital materials via email, social media, campus webpages, digital signs, video, flyers and/or posters. Engages in university-wide communications and social media groups to track evolving trends and adopt best practices.
1. Develops, posts and monitors content and analytics for social media channels
2. Serves as communications contact and liaison for the assigned department(s) and/or college(s)
3. Updates content on websites
4. Writes, edits, and/or proofreads communications content (relevant stories, press releases, web content, print materials)
5. Plans and develops story ideas in support of the assigned department(s) and/or college(s)
6. Writes and edits content for magazine(s) and newsletter(s) per established guidelines
7. Coordinates and collaborates on news with other institutional level communications professionals
8. Designs marketing and informational materials (brochures, event invitations, etc.) and graphics for social media postings and digital signage
9. Cultivates and maintains relationships with KSU faculty, staff and students and supports KSU units in promoting college, unit and/or department events and programs
10. Plans and creates written and visual content for special projects, including general communications and/or specialized correspondence as assigned
11. May supervise assigned staff and/or student assistants
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Three (3) years of related marketing and/or communications experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
Event Management Experience
Pay Grade: Exempt 05
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to work in a high energy environment under pressure; Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=242975&PostingSeq=1