Postdoctoral Research Associate I, Materials Science & Engineering
Posting Number: req9745
Department: Materials Science & Engr
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Biopolymer Materials Group, led by Dr. Minkyu Kim in the Materials Science & Engineering Department, is seeking an experimental Postdoctoral Research Associate I, to join its team. Specific expertise of interest includes, but is not limited to, natural and biosynthetic polymers, synthetic biology, biomaterials fabrication, materials characterization, and human cell culture. Individuals with an interdisciplinary research background are encouraged to apply. The Postdoctoral Researcher will join an existing project research team that includes Materials Science Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Optical Science Engineering & Biology.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct experimental studies in the areas of biopolymer synthesis, artificial proteins, materials fabrication and characterization, and materials-cell interactions.
- Document, process and analyze research data.
- Publish papers in recognized scientific journals.
- Assist in supervising graduate and undergraduate students.
- Capability for pursing independent research.
- PhD in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Environmental Science Engineering, Biotechnology or a closely related discipline. The selected candidate must have a PhD conferred upon hire.
- Experience with protein synthesis and characterization.
- Experience with cell cultures.
- Experience in biopolymer, polymer science, nanoscience, or biomimetic and bioinspired materials.
- Experience with protein physics.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 26
Job FTE: .65
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $25.85 - $26.03
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.