Course Maintenance Assistant
Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-010640Location: Salt Lake City Office
If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Current WGU employees must submit an internal applicationbefore5/13/2022 to be considered.
The Course Maintenance specialist Assistant accurately enters information into delivery and storage systems, performs maintenance within those systems, investigates and coordinates the resolution of various issues, and other projects as needed. This individual priorities prioritizes and completes assigned duties in a timely, high quality manner with attention to current department processes and procedures. The Course Maintenance Assistant works well with others in a team environment and is self-motivated.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists team in meeting service level agreements, ticket goals, and other team efforts
- Understands and maintains the Program Development maintenance process to effectively research issues within delivery and storage systems
- Updates, maintains, and troubleshoots course content by coordinating with internal and external stakeholders or in response to program feedback
- Provides effective and friendly customer support, maintains integrity and confidentiality of proprietary information, and maintains student confidentiality in accordance with FERPA
- Manages assigned project tasks and timelines, communicates with stakeholders in a timely manner regarding project status and deliverables
- Fulfills other duties as assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Tasks are accomplished by following a defined standard or set of procedures to achieve day to day objectives with limited impact on the area.
- The work performed is closely supervised and consists of tasks that are routine and well defined with specific instructions to achieve standardized solutions.
Problem Solving and Decision Making:
- Problems and issues faced are routine and solutions are readily available. There is a well-established and familiar set of activities and/or processes that will derive a solution.
- There is a responsibility for checking data and information for minor changes.
Communication and Influence:
- Communication with contacts within the job area is typical, and information that is provided or obtained requires little explanation or interpretation.
- No more than 1-2 years of related experience in a customer service environment.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment problem solving and collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills.
Department Specific Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree is a plus, but not required
- Prior data entry experience a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
Disclaimer: This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature, essential duties, and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It does not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications that are required of the employee to do this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and the University may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.