Senior Application Engineer
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution in Milton Massachusetts. In addition to the main campus classes for adult learners are also offered at our campus at Cordage Park in historic Plymouth. Curry College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Curry College offers 22 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate programs.
The Curry College mission is to educate and graduate students prepared to engage in successful careers and active citizenship with a global perspective. We are an inclusive community of diverse learners and educators, committed to continuing our legacy of developing effective communicators with reflective and critical thinking skills. We mentor and empower our students, building meaningful relationships that inspire them to achieve their ambitions.
Curry College provides rigorous and relevant academic programs to undergraduate and graduate students, and our rich blend of liberal arts and career-directed programs is enhanced by practical field experiences and co-curricular activities. Learning at Curry extends beyond the classroom and is embedded in all that we do.
Diversity and a culture of equity and inclusion among students, faculty and staff are crucial to the mission statement of Curry College.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sex identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law, including Title IX.
The Senior Application Engineer is a member of the Enterprise Applications team and is responsible for partnering with the Business Owners, End Users, and Third Party Agents to drive innovation, efficiency, and accuracy by developing and implementing solutions in accordance with business needs.
Responsibilities include managing the design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance, and continuous improvement of new and legacy systems assigned to the Engineer. The Engineer meets with the Business Owners, End Users, and Third Party Agents to identify systems solutions to meet functional needs, streamline processes, and ensure the highest levels of availability, integrity, performance, and protection of Enterprise Applications. The Engineer will be responsible for technical implementation of security policies and procedures as defined by the Enterprise Applications Services group.
The Senior Application Engineer is an experienced professional who has an in-depth understanding of system integrations and system management; will independently perform a full range of responsibilities within the function; possesses broad job knowledge; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions.
1. Responsibilities of System Owner:
- Responsible for the planning, direction and oversight of the Enterprise Applications including Banner and Salesforce;
- Provides consultation and support to the to the Business Owners to resolve technical, workflow, and data issues as well as knowledge gaps;
- Uses ticketing system to record, classify, and resolve client incidents and service requests;
- Partners with the Business Owners to develop reports, views, forms, integrations, etc.;
- Provides leadership guidance and management oversight for critical incident resolutions and root cause analysis;
- Translates business requirements into technical specifications for projects to be done independently or by vendors and consultants and drive projects to successful completion;
- Seeks opportunities for automation and improvement of current processes resulting in efficiencies;
- Works with application vendors, and Business Owners to schedule upgrades, enhancements, and security/regulatory patches;
- Maintains and documents Enterprise Applications in accordance with industry standards;
- Assist in the design, development, modification, and documentation of applications security standards;
- Works with internal and external partners to plan and test the disaster recovery plan;
- Performs annual audit of users, profiles, and security.
2. Professional Development:
- Stay current on best practices for Enterprise Applications and commit to training and professional development;
- Cross train with and mentor team members to improve overall administration of systems and applications to ensure efficient and effective delivery of technology resources.
3. Customer Service:
- Promote departmental culture of exemplary customer service;
- Maintain an effective and positive system of communication between departments.
4. Policies and Procedures:
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of the college network, systems and data;
- Comply with federal and state regulations, college policies and internal procedures;
- Recommend updates to college policies and internal procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant technical experience/certifications.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Experience utilizing/managing Linux servers.
- Experience in Python.
- Experience with PL/SQL or SQL.
- Experience with Salesforce
- Strong organizational/project management skills
- Expert requirements gathering skills needed to create business and functional project or reporting specifications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures to make recommendations for process improvements
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, end-users and staff
- May be required to work evenings and weekends in response to support and project issues to minimize downtime during production hours and to respond to emergencies
- Experience with Banner/ERP application, infrastructure, and integrations.
- Experience with a CRM, and data & analytics platforms.
- Experience building/managing API.
- Experience with platform/system integration.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Curry College will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to the College's Title IX Coordinator, Rachel King at Rachel.email@example.com, (617) 979-3516, or King Academic Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights ("OCR") - Boston Office, 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617) 289-0111.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested applicants must submit the following:
- a cover letter;
- a resume; and;
- a list of three professional references, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.