Practical Nursing Instructor
The Flint Hills Technical College Practical Nursing Instructor creates a positive learning environment to guide the student in participating in planned experiences directed toward performing health-related activities with precision, safety and efficiency consistent with concepts and practices of all-encompassing health care entities and disciplines.
Director of Nursing, Division of Health and Human Services Chairperson, Vice President of Instructional Services and the President of Flint Hills Technical College.
According to negotiated agreement.
- Must have a BSN unless degree was conferred before July 1, 2001 from an accredited college/university.
- Must be currently licensed as a registered nurse in Kansas.
- Two years paid employment in the field of nursing or in an educational setting.
- Health and Immunization records on file in the Human Resources office.
- Deliver instruction in didactic, lab, and clinical settings to promote student success.
- Establish and maintain a positive learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
- Participate in planning, organizing, and developing curriculum for the Nursing Program.
- Supervise, evaluate, and mentor students in the classroom, lab and clinical setting.
- Appropriately and timely document student performance both didactically and clinically.
- Strictly honor the privacy, security and confidentiality of student records and other sensitive information according to appropriate state, federal and college regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure all activities conform to state and local guidelines.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively and appropriately with faculty, staff, students and community.
- Work effectively with community organizations.
- Operate all equipment as needed.
- React to change productively and professionally handle other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain current licensure by participating in lifelong learning activities that promote both personal and professional growth.
- Support the philosophy and mission of the division, nursing program and the College.
- Operate all equipment safely and appropriately as required.
- Attend and participate in both departmental, program advisory, and college committee meetings as assigned.
- Maintain health and safety of self, students, faculty, staff, and community.
- Uphold and honor the Kansas Nurse Practice Act rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Promote positive communication with students, staff and the health care community.
- Promote a learning environment that is free from bias, discrimination, or bullying.
- Project a positive and professional image.
- Represent the College at community health related activities.
- Display a thorough knowledge of the curriculum and its application in health care.
- Establish and maintain a positive climate for learning through appropriate classroom, laboratory and clinical management.
- Keep abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Maintain appropriate, confidential files and provide timely records.
- Order and maintain an adequate inventory of materials and supplies for the specific area of instruction.
- Observe College and the Kansas State Board of Nursing policies and procedures.
- Obtain advanced approval for all special activities and expenditures.
- Take an active part in the advisory committee meetings to support the improvement of instruction.
- Supervise laboratory and clinical settings as needed.
- Adhere to all College health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan and Federally mandated regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing, Division Chairperson of Health and Human Services, Vice President of Instructional Services and the President of the College.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Occasionally requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasional stooping, bending and reaching.
- Requires some travel.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments.