Faculty Position - Graduate Education
Costa Mesa, California
The Graduate Program in Education announces a full-time, tenure-track Graduate Education faculty position for an Assistant, Associate, or Professor of Education. This faculty position will be a cohort faculty in the Single Subject teaching credential program. The position starts August 2022. Vanguard seeks professionals of Christian faith who are committed to working with diverse student populations and with social justice issues. Currently, the Graduate Program in Education at Vanguard University serves approximately 100 graduate students, including our Integrated undergraduate students, and we are proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institute. Students follow a cohort model, fostering a strong mentoring relationship between students and faculty.
- Teach courses in the teacher credential program in Graduate Education to prepare teacher candidates
- Collaborate with Graduate Program in Education faculty in curriculum implementation, student support, and continuous program improvement, participating in all phases of curriculum planning to comply with the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC), the CTC Standards, and the California Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs)
- Assist with development of new initiatives and delivery systems, including online systems.
- Assist with facilitation of continuing accreditation through participation in conferences and dialogues sponsored by the CTC, and the California Council on Teacher Education (CCTE), and the Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities in Education (AICCU-ED)
- Build relationships with partner schools, principals, teachers and assist with continuous strengthening of program links and service to the community
- Serve on university committees as assigned and participate in the building of an innovative Christian university.
- Identify risks to the organization as assigned and participate in the building of an innovative Christian university
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An earned doctorate or ABD in Education or related field preferred
- Record of outstanding secondary public school teaching and/or secondary school administration with demonstrated excellence in engaging and supporting all students in learning (California experience preferred)
- Experience teaching and preparing candidates for the California Single Subject Teaching Credential
- Knowledge and experience in the teaching of pedagogical skills and literacy development in content areas to support Single Subject Teaching Credential candidates
- Knowledge of the CTC Program Standards and the California TPEs for the Single Subject Teaching Credential
- Consistent record of development and accomplishment as a professional educator
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the California TPEs
- Knowledge of current issues and legislation related to California schools
- Record of successful college-level teaching, preferred
- Understanding of, and appreciation for, Christian world view and experience of, and commitment to, the integration of faith and learning.
- Strong record of teamwork, collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Successful experience of working in multicultural educational contexts
- Knowledge or experience with online learning preferred
Full-time position. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
More information about Vanguard University and the Department of Graduate Education can be found on the our site at https://www.vanguard.edu/ and at http://www.vanguard.edu/graduateeducation/