Campus Service Worker Lead - Facilities & Services
The Facilities Management department of Facilities & Services is seeking applicants for a Campus Service Worker Lead position. This position is responsible for providing a variety of support services in order to maintain the interior appearance of institutional buildings and the surrounding exterior appearance of the grounds. This work involves adhering to established standard procedures, techniques, and safety requirements with some judgment required to interpret instructions.Will assign and direct work assignments as operational needs dictate.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year or more based on years of service (employee leave)
- 18 sick days per year
(for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range ofhealth insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking formore retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Clean and maintain the interior appearance of all buildings including classrooms, offices, laboratories, student housing, public areas, etc. by sweeping, mopping, stripping, and waxing floors; vacuuming and shampooing carpets, rugs, and upholstery; dusting and polishing furniture; washing and cleaning walls, ceilings, doors, windows, etc.; and performing other related internal cleaning activities.
- Clean and maintain exterior appearance of all buildings, including removing leaves and debris, cleaning gutters, removing snow and ice, spreading salt, washing graffiti and more.
- Operate various machinery, including walk-behind and riding scrubbers, high-speed burnishers, and hand and power tools.
- Properly mix and dilute commercial strength disinfectants, detergents and solutions, calculating the appropriate amount to use.
- Relocate offices and classrooms by lifting and loading/unloading furniture, file cabinets, boxes, etc. using handtrucks, dollies and other equipment.
- Assist in set-up and tear-down of equipment for special events.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks, including collecting trash and recycling, replenishing supplies, locking/unlocking doors, assisting other workers, and responding to various requests.
- Assists the management team in overseeing, guiding, and assisting campus service workers in completing their operational assignments. Will assist in training new employees.
- Remain current in safety requirements and attend periodic training sessions.
This position will be required to work various shifts that will include evening shifts and weekend shifts. Scheduling may be subject to frequent change.
Work Hours:Tuesday-Friday 10pm to 6am, Saturday 5pm to 1am
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- 6 months of experience in proper commercial restroom cleaning procedures, commercial floor maintenance procedures, and commercial carpet cleaning procedures. Experience operating commercial custodial equipment such as walk-behind and riding scrubbers, high-speed buffers, automated carpet cleaners, and power lifts. Experience in the mixing and proper application of commercial strength cleaning products.
- 6 months of previous experience in training others in the operation of commercial cleaning custodial equipment and leadership/supervisory training preferred.
- Physical coordination and demands
- Hand/eye coordination
- Long periods of standing, walking, climbing, stooping and bending daily
- Moving furniture and unloading supplies daily
- Working from ladders and confined spaces as needed
- Lifting items weighing at least 50 pounds as needed
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer athttps://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jan 14, 2022
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes