Director of Campus Multimedia & Web Support Services - REPOST
The College offers more than 90 associate degrees and certificates, as well as career training, small business assistance through the Small Business Development Center, professional development, and adult and youth personal enrichment courses. RVCC is located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.
- Raritan Valley Community College has an anticipated opening of Director of Campus Multimedia & Web Support Services.
- The Director of Campus Multimedia & Web Support Services is a management/technical position responsible for oversight of technology systems for classrooms and classroom standards; Computer based presentations and instructional materials; Video- and Tele-conferencing systems; Internal Web and SharePoint development and maintenance; Audio/Visual systems and equipment; Video and audio production and Identifying and developing new instructional technologies to support the mission of the College.
- Provides vision for design, content creation and management, use of new technology and timely updates in the development of the internal RVCC web site, portal, mobile app and other online materials.
- Provides direction and coordination for classroom and lab technology infrastructure in existing facilities and all new construction and renovations on campus.
- Works in conjunction with the Multi Media Specialist to provide effective instructional, marketing, promotional and other video programs for academic and administrative departments in response to the College's needs; inclusive of online and streaming media content development. Provides guidance and assistance to the College video instructors and students.
- Provides technical oversight of RVCC conference facility in conjunction with the Media Technician.
- Identifies, researches and recommends hardware and software technology purchases for related areas. Works in conjunction with Media Technician and Media Aide to provide A/V equipment to all areas of the College.
- Coordinates the College's videoconference and teleconferencing systems, activities, equipment and facilities.
- Manages operational support of technology in classrooms, including maintenance, design and upgrade support and related vendor contracts.
- Coordinates integration of College systems into the College mobile app.
- Determines production and distribution standards for all areas of the department.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of documentation related to the policies and procedures of supervised areas.
- Prepares and manages the budget for the Instructional Technology department including obtaining vendor quotes and creating purchase requisitions.
- Recruits, supervises and evaluates performance of staff.
- Maintains and manages vendor relationships.
- Participates in appropriate industry organizations and conferences.
- Maintains technical skills through formal and informal training.
- Serves on the Classrooms Standards Committee.
- Supervises the Senior AV Technician, Multimedia Specialist, Media Aide, Manager of Web Development and Web Programmer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required in Communications, Media, Instructional Technology or related field.
- Proven experience and working knowledge of the following technologies: learning management systems; video production and streaming; video- and tele-conferencing; graphic media; web development; computer-based multimedia; portals; mobile apps; and audio/visual systems.
- Proficiency in Windows based software and an aptitude for learning graphics, web development and authoring software.
- Experience with developing and managing budgets.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience with direct staff supervision.
- Experience with: video and audio presentation technologies; the OneCampus portal system; ZOOM conferencing; Microsoft Teams; video signage systems; Microsoft SharePoint; Ready Education mobile app; the Canvas learning management system.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
RVCC's starting salary is commensurate with educational qualifications and experience. We also offer an attractive benefits package.
For consideration of the above position, please submit your cover letter and resume online:
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all persons.