Senior Cloud Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-009442Location: Home Office
If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
*Current WGU employees must submit their internal application prior to 1/21/2022 to be considered for this position*
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements roadmaps for cloud-based data infrastructures
- Monitor server performance and capacity loads; ensuring accessibility and availability
- Implement automation for cloud platforms; establish monitoring and alerting systems
- Design and maintain server, storage, network, and partner in security infrastructure
- Seeks solutions and helps provide the tools and infrastructure for a DevOps to the development team.
- Mentor other DevOps and Cloud Engineers
- Work with engineers to create and maintain documentation for infrastructure systems, policies and procedures
- Provide Amazon AWS solutions to current projects and initiatives
- Duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong documentation/writing skills.
- At least 7 years as a Developer in a Full-stack capacity.
- At least 3 years' experience with AWS Cloud Services
- Comprehensive experience with AWS including a solid understanding of CI and CD, Amazon S3, RDS, EC2, SQS, IAM and Route 53
- Experience with web application development in distributed and parallel systems, developing large scale and highly concurrent software systems, and security software development.
- Experience with Amazon Serverless Services (Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, S3, CloudFront, and Cloudwatch).
- Experience with at least two general purpose programming languages (Java, nodeJS, or Python, etc.)
- Front-End experience with React and/or Angular.
- 7+ of years of experience in performing duties utilizing skills listed above or a bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
- Chef Experience
- VMWare vSphere and vRealize Automation Experience
- Working Conditions
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.