Senior Business Operations Manager - EET Office of the Dean
Kennesaw State University
Business and Financial Services
Job ID: 237938
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Provides management and advanced level coordination business affairs and budget of a large division, college or unit. Comprehensive oversight of the budget using analysis, forecasting and financial reporting. Directs control of board-approved budget, including collection, custody, disbursement, accounting, and auditing of all funds. May be responsible for supervising assigned business operations staff.
1. Oversees, monitors and administers the financial operations, activities and budget of the assigned division, college, unit or department
2. Conducts comprehensive analysis to ensure efficient utilization of resources
3. Ensures fiduciary, operational and transactional compliance and accuracy
4. Facilitates interpretation and execution of applicable policies and procedures
5. Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecasts data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives
6. May supervise staff, provides training, mentoring, hiring and performance management as assigned
7. Provides training and support on policies and procedures to leaders and staff
8. Develops, implements and facilitates internal financial policies and procedures
9. Acts in an advisory capacity to leadership
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business, Accounting, or related field
- Five (5) years related work experience
- Previous experience in managing division and operational budgets
- Previous experience managing and leading staff
- Previous experience in higher education preferred
- Previous supervisory experience
- Leadership abilities to include but not limited to personnel development, coaching, goal setting and outcome measurement
- Able to build and maintain partnering relationships with internal stakeholders and other operational departments and divisions
- Demonstrated ability to influence, negotiate, and manage risk
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Knowledge of management and finance principles, including accounting and budgeting
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, emphasis on Excel and accounting transaction systems)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
- This is a supervisory position.
- This position has financial responsibilities.
- No, this position will not be required to drive.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
- This position will not travel
- Credit Report
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=237938&PostingSeq=1