Educational Technologist (CC Global)
The Educational Technologist role is a professional, team-centered position responsible for providing Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) assistance to faculty of varying technical skill level; supporting the development and implementation of online courses; and providing tier 2 technical support. The Educational Technologist provides mid-level Canvas administration for Cambridge College term setup, assists in-seat faculty in creating effective online hybrid courses, and models effective design practices. The position will also provide technical assistance with the implementation of 3rd party applications. This position requires an individual to work with a high-level of independence, have strong project management, communication and collaboration skills, a willingness to provide superior customer service, and a passion for creating and supporting innovative educational solutions for students and faculty.
· Provide instructional design assistance and Canvas support to faculty responsible for building fully online, hybrid and in-seat courses.
· Deliver mid-level Canvas administration support each term to ensure proper course setup for hybrid and in-seat courses.
· Provide technical assistance to faculty in the use of integrated eLearning tools (i.e., Connect, Turnitin, MindEdge, Canvas Studio, Portfolium, etc.).
· Implement a quality assurance review of new courses and recommend changes to faculty.
· Film and edit video clips and audio files to incorporate in online courses. Identify and edit graphics for use in instructional materials.
· Provide eLearning technical support to students, faculty, and staff; route problems to appropriate IT support staff.
· Liaison with IT managers to solve recurring problems.
· Manage and complete projects within a specified timeframe while prioritizing and working on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
· Facilitate the sharing of new learning, instructional techniques, and instructional technologies, including emerging technologies in creative and collaborative ways.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology, Information Science, Educational Technology, or a related field.
· 1-3 years experience working with Canvas; experience working in higher education a plus.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites including but not limited to Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Familiarity with online learning management systems and up-to-date instructional technologies.
· Excellent time management skills are required.
· Excellent communication, networking, and customer service skills.
· Ability to collaborate effectively with others and exercise sound professional judgement.
· Capable of working independently in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Demonstrated capacity to provide technology support at a distance.
· Detail oriented with evidence of creativity, attention to detail, and collaborative approaches to work.
· Graphic design and audio/video editing experience is a plus.
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative/team-based environment, working as an enthusiastic and flexible team member.
PHYSICAL EFFORT REQUIRED:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to occasionally lift materials or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.; lift and arrange meeting room chairs, folding tables, flip charts, projectors, video recorder, boxes of supplies, etc.