Urgent Family Response Coordinator - Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for an Urgent Family Response Coordinator (part-time, non-benefits) position with the Department of Behavioral Medicine & Psychaitry
About the Opportunity
This provider will assist patients along with their families in gaining access to needed psychiatric, medical, social, residential, financial, and other services. They will also advocate in the legal and child protective services systems on behalf of patients.
The provider will manage urgent events and ensure safety of family members.
What you'll do:
- Carry a caseload of up to 30 families.
- Respond to referrals within 72 hours.
- Perform case management duties for patients involved in the Comprehensive Opioid Addiction Treatment Program through the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry at WVU Medicine.
- Provide services based on Recovery Model.
- Develop individualize and/or family, strength-based service plan that is measurable with targeted outcomes.
- Track identified outcome measures.
- Assess patients and family service needs.
- Assist families to access appropriate mental, medical, housing, food, employment, financial, and other community service needs.
- Assist families in applying for and obtaining basic needs such as housing, food, healthcare, employment, and others.
- Assist families through advocacy in retaining/ obtaining parenting rights, visitation, navigation of the child protective services system.
- Document patient and collateral contact in Epic
- Attend MDT or court hearing with families as appropriate.
- Monitor patients' participation in the recovery treatment.
- Link patients to the recovery community including meetings, groups, classes, and others.
- Maintain a professional relationship with patients, their families, payers, community, treatment team, and other professionals.
- Participate in treatment team meetings regarding patients
- Provide supporting documentation and tracking forms in a timely manner.
- Submit accurate and timely payroll and billing documentation.
- Developing crisis management plans.
- Determine risk levels.
- Monitor and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral health or related discipline. All degree (s) must be from a regionally accredited institution or higher learning.
- One (1) year experience working with individuals and families in the mental health field.
- Ability to effectively communicate to patients and community providers
- Possess knowledge of community resources and ability to research local community supports
- Assess risk level
- Develop crisis management plans
- Case Management
- Monitor participation in recovery treatment and services
- Awareness of cultural needs
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries while being approachable
- Awareness of stigma related to substance use disorders and make efforts to reduce stigma at the patient, provider and institutional level
- Criminal and fingerprint based federal criminal history.
- Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
About Research Corporation
Why WVU Research Corporation?
The WVU Research Corporation (WVURC) was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for startup companies based on University research.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jan 12, 2022
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: No