Open Rank of Internal Medicine in Palliative Medicine (req18324)
Employment Type: Faculty
IM Palliative (852P)
School of Medicine
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.
The University of New Mexico, Health Sciences Center, Department of Internal Medicine, seeks an open rank/open track faculty member to join the Division of Palliative Medicine. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience and education. The University of New Mexico Hospital is a safety net Hospital and the only level I trauma center in the state caring for diverse and underserved population. The growing interdisciplinary Palliative Care team cares for patients in both inpatient and outpatient consultation settings, and is home to the only Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship program in New Mexico. Team members include physicians, advance practice nurses, social workers, a chaplain and Arts-in-Medicine providers. The incumbent will possess outstanding clinical skills, the ability to work collaboratively on an IDT caring for a diverse and underserved patient population in inpatient and outpatient settings, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and have a strong interest in Palliative Care education to learners of all levels and backgrounds. We foster inclusiveness and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency in a primary medical specialty and maintenance of board certification in this primary medical specialty and/or subspecialty
- Board certification/eligibility in Hospice and Palliative Medicine by date of hire
- Employment in the field of Palliative Medicine or completion of a Hospice and Palliative Medicine fellowship within the last 24 months
- Successful completion of an HPM fellowship by start date
- Palliative Care clinical expertise and excellence as a consultant in an academic setting
- Excellence in Palliative Care Education
- Excellence in Palliative Care Scholarship/Research/QI Improvement
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.A complete application includes :
- Cover Letter
- CV (month/year format)
Inquiries may be directed to Lisa Marr, MD, Division Chief of Palliative Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico at (email@example.com).For Best Consideration
For best consideration, please apply by 1/26/2022. This position will remain open until filled.