Assistant Coach - Women's Soccer
WORKING TITLE: Assistant Coach - Women's Soccer
UW SYSTEM OFFICIAL TITLE: Assistant Coach
POSTING DATE: January 11, 2022
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position reports to the Head Coachandassists the head coach with all aspects of running a successful Division I Women's Soccer program.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise and utilize sound coaching methods aimed to improving the athletic department performance of student athletes.
- Assist with monitoring of student athletes academics.
- Assist with planning and supervision of in-season and out-of-season practice sessions; team and individual practices.
- Secure all aspects of team travel for games.
- Manages Purchase Card transactions and balances each statement with receipts, team rosters and justifications in accordance with University policy.
- Assist with scouting of opponents and creation of meet entry line-ups for each competition.
- Assist in the recruitment of student-athletes through observation of ability and talent in accordance with the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Horizon League and UW- Green Bay.
- Participate in promotional and public relationship events deemed necessary by Head Coach, Director of Athletics and/or his/her designee.
- Assist in fund-raising for the soccer program and athletics departments; attend fund-raising events as requested by Head Coach and Director of Athletics and/or his/her designee.
- Participate in marketing and promotions activities to generate fan support.
- Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with administration, faculty, staff and student-athletes.
- Comply with all NCAA, Horizon League, UW System and UW- Green Bay rules and regulations
- Display professional sportsmanlike conduct during athletic events.
- Bachelor's degree at time of application
- 3 years of coaching experience
- Ability to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification exam upon hire
- Coaching experience at the college level
- Experience recruiting at the NCAA level
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to work independently and as part of a collaborative team. The University invites applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource.
Established in 1965,UW-Green Bay is a public institution serving 8,970 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral studentsand 95,000 continuing education learners each year.We educate students from pre-college through retirement and offer 200+ degrees, programs and certificates.UW-Green Bay graduates are resilient, inclusive,sustaining and engaged members of their communities, ready to rise tofearlessly face challenges, solveproblems and embracediverse ideas and people.With four campus locations in Marinette, Green Bay, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan, theUniversity welcomes students from every corner of the world. In 2020, UW-Green Baywasthe fastest growing UW school in Wisconsin. UW-Green Bay works to ensure faculty and staff achieve their full potential as valued employees with its commitment to creating an environment that recognizes, values and respects the differences we all bring to the workplace, allowing everyone to do their best work. Employee testimonials can be found at #WhyUWGB. For more information, visitwww.uwgb.edu.
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community website. For Campus Safety information, see our University Policewebsite and our Annual Security Report. This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures. Please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 if you would like a paper copy.SPECIAL NOTES:
This position will travel often with the Women's Soccer team. It will require night and weekend work along with traditional work hours.
Position is a full-time Limited appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the university does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is an Affirmative Action Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining a community that welcomes and values a climate supporting equal opportunity and difference among its members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, genetic information, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status (including disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, other protected veteran, or Armed Forces service medal veteran status), age, or disability.TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Please submit application materials by Monday, January 24, 2022.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
UW Systemprovides an excellent benefits package to meet the diverse needs of its employees. This includes several health insurance options, with annual deductibles as low as $250/individual and $500/family. Our benefits package also includes dental, vision, several life insurance options, AD&D and Accident insurance and Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts. We participate in the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS), where employer contributions begin immediately and employees are fully vested after 5 years of service. The UW System also provides supplemental retirement savings programs including a 403(b) and Deferred Compensation.
In addition, employees receive several types of paid leave benefits, which are prorated for employees working less than 100%. This includes 9 legal holidays, 36 hours of personal holiday and between 96-130 hours of sick leave annually. Employees earn 13-27 days of vacation each year, depending on years of service and employment type.
For more details, please review the links below.
- UW System Employee Benefits Brochure: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/benefitsbrochure.pdf
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2116