Part-Time IRB Reliance Program Specialist - Office of Human Research Protections (Remote)
West Virginia University Office of Human Research Protections is currently accepting applications for a Part-Time IRB Reliance Program Specialist.
About the Opportunity
As aPart-Time IRB Reliance Program Specialist,you willbe responsible for managing the Single IRB (sIRB) and Central IRB (cIRB) review process in the WVU Office of Human Research Protections (OHRP). This position will work with investigators who are relying on an external IRB in processing the ancillary reviews and paperwork associated with the sIRB/cIRB process and will also assist/guide IRB administrators and OHRP leadership in research where WVU IRB has agreed to serve as the IRB of Record. In addition, this individual will process all IRB reliance agreements.
This position allows for flexibility in work location, including remote work / work from home options. Travel to the WVU Campus may need to occur based on organizational needs throughout the year.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 15 annual leave (vacation) days per year or more based on years of service (employee leave)
- 18 sick days per year(for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
Pay Grade: 16
Work Hours:25 hours per week (FTE 0.67)
What you'll do:
- Develop, implement, and manageefficient procedures to facilitate the processing of reliance agreements and single IRB (sIRB) reviews, in accordance with WVU, federal, and state policies and procedures.
- Serveas the primary point of contact and expert liaison for IRB Reliance Agreements, Single IRB (sIRB), and Central IRB (cIRB) reviews.
- Reviewcomplex protocols including identifying problems and issues.
- Applyknowledge of federal, state, and local regulations as well as university policies and practices, to ensure compliance with IRB Reliance Agreements.
- Guideor performmonitoring activities with direction from the Assistant Director and Continuous Quality Improvement and Education Manager.
- Leadspecial projects or meetings and participates in multi-functional teams.
- Interfacewith internal team members as needed to resolve issues.
- Participatein regional and national conferences and educational events as needed.
- Master's degree in medically related area ORan equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Minumum 6 monthsdirect experience in a human research office or research administration office supporting human research activities.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing human subject research.
- Significant working knowledge of research procedures and terminology.
- In-depth understanding of operational requirements pertaining to management and implementation of protocol process, specifically multi-site research where a Single IRB or Central IRB is involved.
- Knowledge of reliance agreement documents and systems (e.g., SMART IRB, IREx, Huron IRB Exchange, etc.)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize work and adhere to office timelines.
- Ability to assess institutional and federal criteria, apply to a variety of situations, and make decisions based on specific criteria.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve and successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds, and levels. within and external to the organization.
- Ability to proficiently use electronic tools and resources for remote work.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS-Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment and multi-task.
- Certified IRB Professional is preferred.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jan 11, 2022
Posting Classification: Classified
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes