Posting Number: req8204
Department: UAHS Research
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address: 1670 E Drachman St, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsInnovations in Healthy Aging (IHA), a strategic initiative led by University of Arizona Health Sciences, seeks a qualified Administrative Assistant (Administrative Support Assistant II) to join our team. The person in this position will perform critical duties to support the initiative. The successful candidate should be results-oriented, able to skillfully create and maintain positive professional relationships, possess strong customer service skills, the ability to multi-task, and have the ability to distinguish priorities. Skills in communication and computer proficiency are needed.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
General Administrative Support:
- Coordinate appointments for the senior leadership: manage calendars and appointment prioritization, schedule meetings, and ensure leadership has appropriate background materials.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and reimbursement, including but not limited to making hotel reservations, booking flights, paying for conference registration fees, etc., including processing travel authorizations (electronically) and processing a travel expense report upon trip completion.
- Process various financial transactions such as paying vendors and processing disbursements, including submission of the appropriate statements and documentation for UA, UA Foundation, PCard and FSO Compliance. Assists staff with purchases or financial processing as needed.
- Provide meeting scheduling and event planning support; assist with scheduling related to IHA programs and sponsored events.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, trainings, and events. Some weekend or evening hours will be required.
- Prepare, edit, and create agendas, minutes, contracts, proposals and presentation materials utilizing specialized knowledge of the area supported.
- Compose, proofread, and edit correspondence.
- Maintain space/equipment/asset inventories.
- Provide building access to students and new employees.
- Create and monitor work orders and requests through Facilities Management, Property Administration, and IT services.
- Perform general office work such as scanning and making paper copies, faxing materials, filing, ensuring office files are current and organized, and ordering office supplies.
- Other administrative and clerical support activities, as required.
Outreach and External Communications:
- Manage the department email and serve as the first point of contact to triage requests coming to the IHA.
- Attend and assist with IHA events, including after-hours and weekends.
- Assist in maintaining IHA mailing lists and collaborator lists.
- Assist in maintaining the IHA website and ensure all IHA-related events are posted in a timely manner, submit events to other department calendars and listservs as appropriate.
- Assist with external communications related to IHA programs and general management of participants, including social media posts and management of social media accounts.
Continuous Learning and Professional Development:
- Continually assess for inefficiencies and explore and test possible solutions by talking with other support professionals, reviewing, and applying new methods and techniques, and communicating successful applications to team members.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
* Bachelor's degree
* Experience preparing and processing travel requests and expense reports.
* Working knowledge of UAccess Financials.
* Knowledge of UA policies & procedures.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.91 - $20.16
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Annisa Westcott | email@example.com | 520-626-8447
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.