HR Assistant III, Campus Recreation (UPDATED)
Posting Number: req8248
Department: Campus Recreation
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
NOTE: This position is now open to both external and internal applicants.
The HR Assistant II will be responsible in assisting Campus Recreation's (CREC) HR Generalist II by providing administrative and Human Resources (HR) support to the operation of the department.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete departmental and university processes required for newly hired employees (e.g., fingerprinting, assisting new employees with electronic hiring process; ensures compliance with I-9 and E-verify requirements, ensures employee has appropriate access to building and UA and Campus Rec systems, etc.) Responsible and coordinate new employee on-boarding including registering staff for UA orientation and assisting with administering department new employee orientation, providing guidance on HR related policies and required trainings.
- Keep up to date on new guidance and procedures that relate to HR and assist with development of departmental procedures to ensure compliance with current policies and advise if an exception to policy is warranted
- Complete, check, and process HR-related forms and documents in accordance with established guidelines so that HR-related matters are administered quickly and accurately. Process all employment transactions including new hires requests, job changes, terminations, payment requests, background checks, position/funding changes, and personal information changes.
- Coordinate timesheet review and approvals on bi-weekly basis to ensure that time recording and approval for all department employees meets University deadlines and comply with University policies.
- Posts and maintains student recruitments in CROAS, Sub it Up and other internal Campus Rec systems and assists with departmental recruitments including reviews employment applications and evaluates minimum qualifications; determines equivalent qualifications if necessary and sitting on interview committees.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required ANDMinimum of 5 years of relevant experience required OR Bachelor's degree in a related field and at least 1 year of relevant experience is requiredOR Any equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Human Resources
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.69-$22.58 DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Jacquelina L Valenzuela
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.