Research Compliance Administrator III
Posting Number: req8302
Department: Asthma/Airway Disease Rsch Ctr
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Asthma & Airway Disease Research Center is seeking an experienced compliance and regulatory affairs professional that will perform a series of highly skilled assessments related to regulatory determinations and institutional requirements for human research protocols. The regulatory and compliance administrator will be responsible for the review and preparation of regulatory materials, participation in the development of study documents, submission and monitoring of required regulatory documentation, and communication of IRB determinations to the research teams. The incumbent will provide support for clinical research study staff and investigators in regard to institutional review and approval of protocols and public-facing materials, regulatory maintenance and study closeout for all human research studies conducted through the Asthma & Airway Disease Research Center. The individual should demonstrate a high-level of attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and experience in working collegially with faculty, researchers, study coordinators, and others involved with projects.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate IRB and UAHS submissions (new, amendments, revisions, progress reports, etc) other regulatory activities surrounding clinical trial setup, maintenance and closeout.
- Provide necessary documentation and guidance to CRCs, study monitors, , institutional regulatory and contract officers as appropriate, to ensure regulatory compliance and accurate/complete regulatory binders and databases (e.g. OnCore, RIA and eIRB).
- Participate in the development of human research protocols, study materials and regulatory documents.
- Maintain an accurate and complete database of all human research regulatory documents (submissions, amendments, approvals, certifications, etc.).
- Provide necessary documentation and guidance to CRCs, institutional regulatory officers and study monitors, as appropriate, to ensure regulatory compliance and accurate/complete regulatory binders and databases (e.g. OnCore, RIA and eIRB).
- Participate in startup/closeout processes for all human research trials conducted through the Asthma/Airway Disease Research Center.
- Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignmentor equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- 5 years of related research experience.
*Strong background in human research, clinical trials and regulatory requirements. *Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of human subject protections, federal regulations and best practices. *Prior IRB experience. *Knowledge of UA systems and processes (e.g. Banner, UAHS RIA, OnCore, etc). *Ability to think critically. *Capacity to engage professionally with seasoned and high-level researchers. *Demonstrated skill in English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation. *Skill in the use of personal computer/software (Adobe & Microsoft). *Ability to meet deadlines. *Fine attention to detail. *Experience with RedCap.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40+
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $38,892 - $52,613
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Liz Firmage | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.