Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
Campus Ministers at Boston College promote the University's Jesuit, Catholic mission by working collaboratively to make available to the whole community opportunities for worship, retreats, service-immersion, and pastoral care.
Campus Ministers assist in the coordination of weekly student liturgies, major University-wide Masses, and prayer services. Campus Ministers also work in partnership on other Mission and Ministry initiatives, as well as other University initiatives, focusing predominantly on the intellectual, social, and faith development of undergraduate students. The role requires the ability to provide both pastoral care and spiritual guidance to students and others in the University community.
Additionally, each Campus Minister maintains responsibility for a specific program within the department. Management of the 4Boston Volunteer Program - a weekly service organization in which more than 600 students volunteer for the academic year at placements throughout Greater Boston - is a key responsibility of this position.
Pertinent responsibilities include building relationships with community-based organizations sites that serve as placements for volunteers; recruiting and training student leaders; training and supervising graduate assistants; managing program budget and transportation logistics; overseeing the application and selection process of participants, and developing a formation plan that engages student participants throughout the year.
* Catholic, with an affinity for and understanding of Ignatian spirituality and Catholic social teaching
* Master's degree in Theology, Divinity, Spirituality, Pastoral Ministry, or a related field
* Eagerness to work collegially with colleagues and to engage in professional development
* Three years of post-graduate experience in university / high school campus ministry, or equivalent work experiences
* Strong budgetary, communication, and organization skills, as well as a solid attention to detail
* Experience with fundraising is preferred
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found onhttps://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed athttps://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.