Graduate Admissions Processing Coordinator
Kennesaw State University
Admissions and Enrollment
Job ID: 237779
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for the supervision of Graduate Admissions Processors within the Office of Graduate Admissions under the supervision of the Assistant Director/Director of the Office of Graduate Admissions. Responsible for supervision and management of the distribution of applications workflow among processors and the Bursar. Partners daily with Graduate Admissions Counselors, transcript vendors, data entry personnel on campus, program vendors for Target X/Salesforce. Manages the update processing and distribution of workload, distribution of excess workload on an as-needed basis, Perceptive Data Transfer (PDT), Nolij/OnBase, and liaison with the university community related to these technology areas that are graduate processing related.
- Assigns tasks and guiding Graduate Admissions Processors to complete all processing tasks related to the efficient operation of the processing portion of the graduate enrollment management flow
- Processes applications, test scores, and other supporting documents for Graduate Admissions
- Reconciles application fee payments
- Provides training for graduate admissions processing staff on a scheduled and as need basis
- Oversees activities and workflow that improves customer service levels; including allocating daily work, identifying workflow improvements to meet the needs of applicants
- Serves as liaison and point of contact for graduate admissions counselors related to the processing of documents within CRM and electronic systems
- Provides reports and updates on activities, opportunities, and challenges relevant to the sub-unit that handles all processing
- Analyzes and reports admissions and enrollment data to department leadership
- (15%)Processing applications, test scores, and other supporting documents for Graduate Admissions
- (10%) Reconciliation of application fee payments
- (60%) Assigning tasks and guiding Processors to complete all processing tasks related to the efficient operation of the processing portion of the graduate enrollment management flow.
- Provides training for graduate admissions processing staff on a scheduled and as need basis.
- Oversees activities and workflow that improves customer service levels; including allocating daily work, identifying workflow improvements to meet the needs of applicants.
- (5%) Liaison and point of contact for graduate admissions counselors related to the processing of documents within CRM and Banner and Nolij/OnBase.
- (5%) Provides reports and updates on activities, opportunities, and challenges relevant to the sub-unit that handles all processing.
- (5%) Analyzes and reports admissions and enrollment data to department leadership
- Other duties as assigned in support of the Office of Graduate Admissions
Minimum Education Required
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university of higher education in a related field
Minimum Experience Required
Two (2) years of related work experience
Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in any field preferred
MS in Information Systems a plus
Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
Advanced user of TargetX/Salesforce CRM or other Higher Education CRM's
Advanced user of data analytics, preferably SAS Enterprise Guide
Experience with Banner Supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
- Demonstrable leadership skills to guide direct reports in the right direction, in a smooth and efficient way
- Advanced knowledge of operating best practices of the department and the University
- Knowledge of KSU Graduate Programs and advanced knowledge of graduate education admission recruitment practices and understands the requirements for admissions to Graduate Programs
- Able to represents Kennesaw State University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current graduate students
- Able to interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our department
- Able to create and sustain effective working relationships with faculty and staff across a variety of academic disciplines
- Able to handle all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business
- Able to support learning through performance of essential job functions
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007.' Participant ID: 61415
- Standard Enhanced + Education Verification
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=237779&PostingSeq=1