What’s the job?
The Salesforce Developer/Administrator will be responsible for managing our CRM and helping our company improve the customer journey process. As the liaison between Salesforce and various departments, the Salesforce Developer/Administrator plays a significant role in driving plays a significant role in driving the successful deployment of summer programs and the life cycle of applicants using programmatic tools provided by the Salesforce and TargetX systems. This role focuses on using code to enhance connected apps, customization of processes, and introduce new features.
Summer Discovery is a growing company with a seasonal business, so flexibility and the ability to pivot will be important. You’ll work hard, occasionally in the evenings, weekends, and during the summer, you will be supporting technology needs for summer operations. Our office is located in Roslyn, NY but we are open to a remote employee.
- Configure TargetX products in clients Salesforce instance, including but not limited to, configuration, setting security parameters, and data migration/integration
- Engage with key business stakeholders and technology partners (internal and external)
- Enhance capabilities between Salesforce and 3rd party apps such as Canvas and Schooldocs using APIs
- Review new release notes as they become available and seek opportunities for the implementation of new features
- Work with Marketing and Operations to develop custom applications on the Salesforce platform using Apex, Visualforce, SOQL, Triggers, Workflows, and Process Builder
- Analyze business requirements, compare Salesforce capabilities with code-based improvements that can be built to expand out-of-the-box capabilities
- Perform design, development, prototyping, testing, documentation, and deployment of Salesforce solutions
- Serve as project manager for technology projects involving the Salesforce CRM as well as take a lead involvement in other technology projects that can benefit from integrated solutions that cross platforms
- Work with CPO to build and execute the product roadmap for Summer Discovery's CRM applications
- Drive operational and technical excellence in all project aspects, such as requirements gathering, gap analysis, solution design, implementation, and release management
- Develop and maintain practices, policies and procedure manuals for all automated functions
- Consult with end users to analyze and understand user needs, objectives, and desired features to meet individual/team goals
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and execute CRM solution strategy
- Experience in Higher Education specifically within the Admissions and Student Success departments.
- Knowledge of Lightning Experience configuration, features, and architecture
- Strong knowledge of data modeling concepts and database design
- Experience implementing Salesforce Communities
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with external systems using the Salesforce.com API, as well as third-party integration tools (marketing automation, business intelligence, ETL)
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages such as Apex, Java, or C#
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience as a Salesforce Developer/Owner/Architect.
- Preferred minimum of 3 year’s experience with TargetX Education Cloud.
- Possess one or more Salesforce Certification(s) and strong knowledge and experience of Salesforce development, configuration, and administration capabilities
- Ability to demonstrate an owner’s attitude towards customer’s issues
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with varying deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in group settings