Assistant Vice President of University Marketing
The Assistant Vice President for University Marketing reports to the Vice President for University Relations and works closely with the Assistant Vice President for University Communications to create a cohesive team of marketing and communications professionals.
The AVP for University Marketing is responsible for crafting and gaining buy-in for a comprehensive integrated marketing strategy, prioritizing marketing goals and projects, managing a strong team of marketing professionals, and collaborating with stakeholder departments to tell the Tarleton story.
The selected candidate will be a dynamic leader, communicator, organizer, collaborator and innovator who will help position Tarleton for continued enrollment growth, donor and alumni engagement, and elevation of the university profile, as outlined in the university’s 10-year strategic plan (Tarleton Forward 2030: Our Future-Focused Strategic Plan).
Oversight areas include Digital Advertising; Radio/Streaming/Podcast Advertising; Brand Strategy/Toolkit Management; Social Media Strategy; Graphic Design; External Licensing/Trademarks; Video Strategy, Filming and Production; Web Services, Analytics and SEO Strategy; Photography Strategy; Strategic Planning, ROI Analytics; and Strategy Adjustment.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- In collaboration with University Communications, lead university marketing efforts, including brand strategy and management, digital/print/audio advertising, web strategy, video production and strategy, licensing/trademark management, photography, project management and marketing data analytics, and decision-making.
- Supervise university marketing directors.
- Build a shared vision for university marketing through inspirational leadership and exceptional management skills.
- Plan and communicate marketing strategy and gaining buy-in from stakeholder groups, partner divisions and departments.
- Research, negotiate and purchase strategic media buys that position Tarleton as the premier comprehensive regional university in the nation and propel academic programs and the student experience to increase enrollment and national prominence.
- Cultivate collaboration with stakeholder and partner departments and divisions.
- Manage a complex budget, integrating budget decisions and strategic planning, and ensuring institutional efficiency.
- Leverage data to inform strategy and decision-making.
- Nurture an innovative environment that promotes teamwork, collaboration, trust and accountability, and one that values diverse ideas, autonomy of work, and excellence for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Along with the Vice President for University Relations and AVP for University Communications, pursue continuous collaborative communication between University Relations and other divisions.
- Significant experience at various organizational levels in marketing, either in the private sector or higher education or preferably, both.
- Significant experience leading marketing professionals and teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of full-funnel marketing for enrollment and advancement that integrates paid, earned and owned channels to reach key audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of emerging marketing issues, particularly in higher education.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Rock-solid commitment to excellence.
- Experience enhancing an organization’s brand and continually elevating the institutional profile.
- Experience in institutional/organizational strategic planning, making strategic decisions and leading others toward strategic goals.
- Experience managing a complex budget, integrating budget decisions and ensuring institutional efficiency.
- Experience building influence and alignment with key partners across the institution/organization and navigating the complexities of decentralized marketing and communications.
Minimum educational and experience: bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field with 8+ years of experience that shows progression in scope and oversight.
Preferred education and experience: master’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field with 10+ years of experience that shows progression in scope and oversight.
Applications are only accepted online at https://jobs.tarleton.edu. Documents required: Completed online application, Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Three professional references with complete contact information, All Transcripts if required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted and are required with application. Official transcripts must be received directly from each degree?granting institution prior to a letter of appointment issued.)
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Tarleton State University, a member of The TexasA&M University System, provides a student-focused,value?driven educational experience marked by academic innovation and exemplary service, and is dedicated to transforming students into tomorrow's professional leaders. With campuses in Stephenville, Fort Worth, Waco, Midlothian and online, Tarleton engages with its communities to provide real?world learning experiences and to address societal needs while maintaining its core values of integrity, leadership, tradition, civility, excellence and service.