Video Production Specialist
iDesign partners with universities to build, grow, and support online and blended courses and program offerings. We are passionate about serving faculty and designing engaging learner experiences that unlock the potential of instructional technology. It’s in our name, it’s in our DNA, and we believe that great instructional design is critical for developing successful programs. We provide concierge, white-glove instructional design support to our faculty partners, bringing expertise, service, and project structure to bear and ensuring that faculty feel comfortable, informed, and in control throughout the process.
iDesign is currently looking for a qualified Video Production Specialist to join our video services team. This is a part-time, 1099 contract position. The opening is for future project needs.
Are you that person?
What You'll Do
As the Video Production Specialist, you will have the opportunity to showcase your creative expertise, strong technical skills, and produce engaging videos that help showcase why our organization is recognized as an industry leader. You will work within the video services team to produce innovative video content that is engaging and driven by learning outcomes. You will collaborate with the video services coordinator, video services team members, and SMEs through pre-production, production, and post-production video work. You will work with the media team lead and other team members in a collaborative team, taking ownership of project delivery from start to finish.
The successful candidate will work remotely on a contract basis. iDesign recognizes that a quality workforce is paramount to our success. We provide professional development and internal advancement opportunities.
- Collaborate with Learning Architects and SMEs to create production scripts.
- Collaborate with SMEs to direct and capture video content.
- Edit and produce a finished video using Adobe Premiere and other video editing tools as needed.
- Provide feedback to other video services team members on their work, and receive feedback from your colleagues on your work.
- Use your creative design eye to produce videos that are high quality and meet the objectives of the project.
- Work within the video services team, collaborating on video production projects while maintaining the scope and quality of the project deliverables.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- Background in shooting video or as a video editor, and a desire to do the behind-the-scenes role producing and packaging video content that captures and engages audiences.
- Strong technical skills, and advanced level experience with Adobe Creative Suite Video Editing software, AfterEffects, and other video editing software.
- The ability to communicate status updates to key stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills – we work with a variety of clients, and embracing diversity is why our company stands out, and why clients want us to produce their videos.
- Patience and a sense of humor: You know the drill…project needs can change at a moment’s notice, there are fire drills and deadlines, but you are calm, cool, and collected in times of change.
- Previous Video Production experience with an agency or within a creative department desired. Those with freelance or contract experience are also considered with the right skillset.
- A collaborative spirit, an openness to receiving feedback, and a drive for continuous improvement and growth.
- A commitment to excellence.
What Will Make Us REALLY Love You
- A strong understanding of iDesign and how we make an impact in our industry. You may know our competitors too – and want to continue to show why we are best in class amongst those competitors
- A proven track record of working with academic and business partners to create engaging and effective online course content within higher education
- Ability to establish a collaborative and collegial relationship with subject matter experts (SMEs) while still moving projects forward and meeting project deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, excellent follow-through, and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with animation software (e.g. Vyond, Powtoon)
What You'll Love About Us
Great Company Culture. We like to have fun while we work hard. iDesign has a collaborative, congenial workplace where everyone counts.
Meaningful Work. You won't just be another contractor. All iDesigners make a big impact and are expected to make their work count. What we do impacts students' lives!
Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!Working Remotely. You will be able to work in whatever quiet place you find that has a solid broadband connection and a place to set up your laptop.