Mission, Values & Inclusion Administrative Assistant
The Mission, Values & Inclusion (MVI) Administrative Assistant provides support to the staff within the Division of Mission, Values & Inclusion. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to maintaining the Division’s office records and supplies; desktop publishing of worship aids, reflection booklets and resource materials; internal calendar posting and marketing for Division programming and services; creating calendar invites and taking meeting minutes, assisting in communication with the wider college community and providing administrative support in all MVI initiatives.
Essential Job Functions for Office Management
- Organize, maintain and update Division’s office records including shared drives, Microsoft TEAMs/SharePoint sites, parish leadership email lists, student attendance databases, office calendar with MVI events.
- Enter weekly program attendance data in Jenzabar; create periodic attendance/demographic reports, working with ITSO as needed.
- Manage and purchase office supplies and equipment for the Chapel and Division, as requested.
- Coordinate basic Chapel plant care, consulting with College Landscape and Grounds Manager as needed, ordering supplies for liturgies (candles, ashes, hosts, etc.); arranging for Chapel banners to be changed for seasons and flower arrangements when needed; assisting in general sacristy and upper Chapel storage organizations.
- Oversee budget and track expenses for the Division, and other duties as assigned.
Administrative Support for MVI
- In consultation with the Vice President, coordinate communication related to programming, including: posting Chapel services, Division events and information to the College calendar, EC Today, Wingra Weekly, Presence and appropriate email lists and websites; distributing flyers; preparing mailings as needed, and providing administrative support for our social media content.
- In consultation with our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion administrators, coordinate communication related to the College’s Diversity webpage, annual reports and marketing material. In coordination with MVI personnel, assist with training of Division’s student workers, and day-to-day operations and supervisions.
- Assist staff with basic computer, copier/printer questions and issues.
- Distribute office mail for the Division. Ordering labeling, arranging and organizing of periodicals and magazine subscriptions.
- Record and deposit Sunday Eucharist offerings, Wingra jar contributions; prepare check requests as needed; record and deposit registration fees and fundraising monies. Manage check requests, invoices, credit card statements for all members of the division.
- Attend Dominican Mission Committee meetings and record minutes and post materials to SharePoint.
- Attend Division meetings as requested and record minutes and post materials to SharePoint.
- Attend COR meetings and record minutes and post materials to SharePoint. Provide administrative support as need arises to the COR program.
- Support Catherine’s Pantry, The Giving Tree and Blue Barrel Programs.
- Schedule rooms, meetings, and events as needed and requested., via Astra.
- Participate in College-wide seminar week, college assemblies and meetings;
- Participate on committees and professional development (e.g. Diversity-Equity-Inclusion, technology) as requested.
Maintenance and Publishing of Materials
- Create and distribute flyers for programming and special events (Lectures, forums, special liturgical celebrations, diversity programs).
- Prepare assembly’s worship aids for liturgies (Commencement; Ash Wednesday; Dominican and other special celebrations).
- Compile booklet texts, assist in editing and arrange printing for the College’s annual Advent and Lent reflection booklets; coordinate distribution with Vice President and Director of Campus Ministry.
- Assist in crafting of collegewide messages for Vice President, and directors, related to cultural heritage programs, liturgies, holidays, feast days, etc.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe InDesign; Jenzabar
- Associate’s degree, preferably in Administration, Marketing or related field
- Previous related experience and bilingual preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Appreciation and support for the College’s Dominican Catholic identity, mission, vision, values, as well as diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
- Multicultural competence and humility needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant and productive ways.
- Attention to detail
- Basic office skills: word processing, data entry, file management, use of office equipment
- Desktop publishing, photo editing, ability to compose and edit written materials
- Management skills: organizing, delegating, problem-solving, negotiating
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across the College and to support and supervise work study students
- Time management and prioritizing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions or shifting priorities
- Appreciation of, openness to continued learning and professional development
- Basic familiarity with scripture and Catholic worship is helpful
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –MVIA
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer